What's new

Which cutter do you prefer?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I am wondering what everyone's favourite still of cutter is. I have heard there are three types of cutters: guillotine, punch cut, and v-cut. I personally use a guillotine and I don't think I've ever tried anything else. Which type do you use, and would you recommend a punch cut or a v-cut if that is what you use? What do you like about the style you use?

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Depends on what I’m smoking. If it’s a smoke I know has a very open draw, like Padrons and some Fuentes, I will use a punch. A guillotine on a Padron would be like drawing through a paper towel tube. Most other cigars I like a V-cut, or an X (Cut a V, rotate and cut again the opposite direction.) If it is one I know to have a tight draw, guillotine. If I don’t know the cigar and how it draws, I’ll use a guillotine being careful not to cut too much, until I know.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always start with a cut from my Xikar VX2. Some like the colibri vcut more as it is deeper, but I like the shallow vcut of the VX2. I like the bit more restriction on the draw with a v cut and the way the smoke hits the palet. When I get tar build up (which doesn't happen often) I cut the cap with a straight cutter. If I happen to pick a 50+ RG (which I don't have a lot) I do a X or crown cut which is explained before.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious about cutter preferences. I started with a guillotine, then onto a Xikar scissor. I was always intrigued by the punches, and purchased a 7mm model. I found that to be too small so I got a 11mm. I’m sold on it because it provides a nice draw, unlike the 7 which was restrictive, especially with the larger ring sizes. Good discussion that leans to the guillotine, but a large diameter punch is worth trying if you haven’t.