What's new

Which do you prefer?

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
For me the Headly Grange and Jericho Hill are probably my favorites. I was able to get my hands on two Las Calaveras and I thought they were really good too. I think the Headly Grange was my first "boutique" cigar and it was the first cigar that made me think, "Wow, that was a really good cigar". First cigar I ever nubbed too. Before that I didn't know the difference between boutique and big tobacco. I will say I haven't been disappointed by anything I've had from Crowned Heads though.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
1. Mule kick :(
2. Headley Grange
3. Angel's Anvil
4. Jericho Hill (LBV is my favorite)
5. Las Calaveras

The Four Kicks is in the "OK" category but the JD Howard and drumstick are just kind of "meh" for me.

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to try any of the newer stuff (Hecho con Corazon, Double W, Buckingham, TN Waltz, Etc.) yet.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Las Calaveras, Tennessee Waltz and Headley Grange have been my personal favorites so far. I often recommend these as "must try" sticks to folks whose taste profiles are similar to mine.

I have yet to try the Angel's Anvil.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I discovered Crowned heads in 2013 I smoked quite a bit their cigars over the last year. My favorites are;

Angels Anvil – I love this cigar however it is one I have to pay attention to. This is not a cigar I smoke while having cocktails with friends. This cigar, to me, requires some solitude to fully enjoy the subtleness of the cigar. It is very cubanesque it reminds me of an aged R&J Churchill. I also like that the cigar I smoked in June tasted the same as the one in Sept and the one in Nov., very consistent.

Headley Grange – Has earned a permanent place in my humidor.

Las Calaveras – what to say that hasn’t been said here before. I will say I had some in the fall and they were not the same as the fresh ones I had in June. It seemed to have a lost a little bit of its edge, they were still great just to me they seemed better fresh. I have more so It will be interesting to so how they are this spring (@ about 9 mons).

Four Kicks – I like this blend in the larger ring gauges not sure why but the sublime and pyramide are the only two I buy now. I have tried all of the vitola available and the larger RG are my sweetspot on this blend.

Mason Dixon south – I have some and will try one very soon.

Jericho Hill – was okay I have only had 2 so I need to try a few more before I pass judgment on these.

What is interesting about this thread is you can see peoples tasting preferences in the wrapper choices, some are JH, LC, MDN others like me are AA, HG, MDS …….

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My favorites in order are:
1. JD Howard Reserve
2. Jericho Hill
3. Headley Grange
4. Four Kicks
There is a very small margin between these as I like them all. These are all the ones I've had and they all have been enjoyed. Crowned Heads is 4 for 4 for me!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would go Las Calaveras, but I still have yet to try the Angels Anvil, Tennessee Waltz, Four Kicks, Headly Grange, or Mason Dixon lines that are in my humi lol

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It is pretty cool to see how there is a divide over wrappers good observation
I discovered Crowned heads in 2013 I smoked quite a bit their cigars over the last year. My favorites are;

Angels Anvil – I love this cigar however it is one I have to pay attention to. This is not a cigar I smoke while having cocktails with friends. This cigar, to me, requires some solitude to fully enjoy the subtleness of the cigar. It is very cubanesque it reminds me of an aged R&J Churchill. I also like that the cigar I smoked in June tasted the same as the one in Sept and the one in Nov., very consistent.

Headley Grange – Has earned a permanent place in my humidor.

Las Calaveras – what to say that hasn’t been said here before. I will say I had some in the fall and they were not the same as the fresh ones I had in June. It seemed to have a lost a little bit of its edge, they were still great just to me they seemed better fresh. I have more so It will be interesting to so how they are this spring (@ about 9 mons).

Four Kicks – I like this blend in the larger ring gauges not sure why but the sublime and pyramide are the only two I buy now. I have tried all of the vitola available and the larger RG are my sweetspot on this blend.

Mason Dixon south – I have some and will try one very soon.

Jericho Hill – was okay I have only had 2 so I need to try a few more before I pass judgment on these.

What is interesting about this thread is you can see peoples tasting preferences in the wrapper choices, some are JH, LC, MDN others like me are AA, HG, MDS …….

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
So far the Las Calaveras is my favorite. Love that cigar, really enjoyed the MD South. Four Kicks was good, but not my style. I'll let you know if I change my mind after I set flame to my MD North, Tenn Waltz, Angels Anvil, Buckingham, and Double-W...damn, I have a lot of cigars to smoke through.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I've only had the Jericho hill & Las calaveras, out of the two I would have to go with Las Calaveras but the Jericho Hill is a very close second.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I really like Jericho Hill, and now that he's jumping into the petit corona game with JH Shots, I think it's going to be a game changer. The Buckingham is also amazing in my opinion.

Here's the thing I appreciate about Crowned Heads; I could probably stock my humi with a vitola I like from each marca, and not get bored. It's such a good brand, different smokes would suit different moods.

I'm such a fucking fan of CH.