What's new

Which Illusiones come wet packed?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a box of Illusiones and I'd like for them to be wet packed ... I've never had a box of wet packed cigars.

Which Illusiones come wet packed?

Thanks !

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hmm...I'm not aware of any off hand.

Sorry!

Have you smoked any Illusione's before? I'd say just buy a box of what you like - who cares if they're wet-packed?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Like Dan said, the ~mj12~. Those are the only Illusiones, out of any of the lines, that come wet-packed.

Tat Havana Cazadores come wet-packed as well, if you want another great and easy-to-find option.

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Wet packed means they are freshly rolled then wrapped in foil just after rolling. The foil is supposed to protect the wrapper but the downside is you can't tell if the wrapper is damaged.

Last edited:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
With them being wrapped in foil while 'wet' wouldn't you have to worry about mold?
Not if you store them properly like every other cigar. I believe only the wrapper is "wet" slightly for rolling. The binder/filler isn't so it would absorb that little bit of moisture in a short period of time.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok, are the individual cigars wrapped in foil or the bundles.
Typically the bundles as is the case in the Tat OR Blacks,Cazadores and PCR's. Also the Bolivar Especiales #2 ER for Germany were wet packed as a bundle. I'm sure there's a ton I'm forgetting but those examples will do. The Illusione MJ12's were individually foil wrapped.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the mj12 is the only wet packed illusione but if i remember correctly they are no longer produced but i could be wrong.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I don't believe the MJ12 is a wet-packed cigar, the individual cigars are simply wrapped in foil. It may be that this has a somewhat similar effect, I can't say.

The Tatuaje Cazadores and Petite Caz. Reserva are wet-packed, like the Cuban R&J Cazadores. The two Tatuaje RC sticks are half-covered in foil ... not sure if this has any effect or not.