What's new

which is better?

bell-hop-boy

you know HIM?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to get in to pipes and the first of many questions that i will have is which is better the p-liped or the fishtail style mouthpiece?? do they serve the same function or is it more of a personel preference?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have never smoked a P-lip...I guess my Dad is right in that there really is no way for anyone but the idividual smoker to say which is better.

Some may like it and others not-so-much.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
The P-lip is way took thick IMO. Just doesn't feel comfortable. I also don't think Peterson uses the best grade of brair ... but it's all personal preference.

bell-hop-boy

you know HIM?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The P-lip is way took thick IMO. Just doesn't feel comfortable. I also don't think Peterson uses the best grade of brair ... but it's all personal preference.
what brand pipe in the $50-$100 range would you suggest? i want my first pipe to be something good that will last me not just as a pipe but as a collectable down the line with out breaking the bank.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
what brand pipe in the $50-$100 range would you suggest? i want my first pipe to be something good that will last me not just as a pipe but as a collectable down the line with out breaking the bank.
IMO, new pipes in this price range stand little chance of being "collectable down the line". I also don't think this is really something that should even be considered when you are just starting out.

Some other decent lower prices brands to consider are Bjarne, Boswell, Brebbia, Mastro de Paja, Nording, Savinelli and Stanwell. But if you find that the Peterson style / shape / color really appeals to you then give one a try. There are quite a number of people who like Petes ... I'm just not among them. I base this on my own experience, but yours might be different.