What's new

Which Padron is Best?

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I dont smoke too many natural wrapper cigars, and I'm still a new cigar smoker, but I liked the Padron 4000 and 5000's. Ive been told the Panetela is good too but I haven't tried it yet. Those also may not be full strength. The site I purchased them from lists them as full but they didn't seem strong to me. That could be due to when I smoked the though. ( both were after full meals.)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
IMHO, they are a class act and most/all their products are good. I would start with the X000 series and then try some of the Anniversary series so you can find a good inexpensive one you like without expecting it to taste like a >$15 cigar.

Rene'

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Here's a n00b question, thx to the OP. Natural wrapper? Is that like a Connecticut ?
Natural is the color of the wrapper. If its tan its natural if its dark it may be a dark natural or a Maduro wrapper.
I think in this case natural just means that it is not maduro, as natural really does not say much about the wrapper. Other brands might also call their wrappers natural, but it could be very dif from the Padron natural wrapper. YMWV

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here's a n00b question, thx to the OP. Natural wrapper? Is that like a Connecticut ?
Natural is the color of the wrapper. If its tan its natural if its dark it may be a dark natural or a Maduro wrapper.
I think in this case natural just means that it is not maduro, as natural really does not say much about the wrapper. Other brands might also call their wrappers natural, but it could be very dif from the Padron natural wrapper. YMWV
That is a damn good point that I have never even considered. I am always learning from this forum. TYVM.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a good stick you might want to try if you can get your hands on one:

Padron Family Reserve No. 85 Natural Robusto

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Padron 64 Principe Maduro which was (fortunately) my very first premium cigar purchase. I highly doubt I would be smoking cigars if it wasn't it.

Does anyone remember when the Anniversary series were considered HTF?

Other than that, aged x000 series are often overlooked.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Padron 64 Principe Maduro or Padron Panetelas..

Panetelas are $4.50 and it's hard to snub your nose at such a Damn good smoke.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually stick to things I know My favorite premium smoke will always be the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Diplomatico it's an incredible smoke I could smoke it everyday!