What's new

Which plasma?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a 46" LED lit Samsung but my living room is on the small size so its perfect.

If you don't need all the fancy software that comes on it, you can go a lower series and get the same display in the tv just without netflix or whatever add-ons it comes with.

If you have an idea of what you want, hit up the local places on Labor Day! That is what I did last year, and the TV was already at a decent price compared to amazon where I was going to get it originally. Then when I said I would think about it and headed for the door they took off some more money. Then the only one they had in the back had a hole in the box so they took off more money (they let me inspect the display first so it was no big deal).

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
LCD > Plasma.
I also believe that LCD is better than Plasma for a lot of applications but not all. In my apartment I have an LCD in almost every room with the exception of one room with no windows, there I have a 58" Samsung Plasma. Plasma tvs, as long as they are properly used and maintened, have a lot of benefits over LCDs, price being one. My Samsung is probably a year old or so and it has been a great tv thus far. New plasmas have almost 0 chance of burn-in (unless you do something stupid like pause a video game and leave that screen on for a day or two). They do have a little image retention problem though, which will disappear over time or by using the screen wipe that comes standard on most (if not all) new plasmas.

My advice, get a Samsung plasma, but not the entry level one. I havent done research on them in awhile but do remember they come in different classes. Look for something in the middle of the road in the size you want and I think you will be very happy.