What's new

Which Regular Tat Equals the TAA?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The majority of folks that have tried all 4 of the TAA's by Tatuaje since 2011, would probably say that is the best of the four so far.
I've had only the 2014 and cannot imagine anything being better. To me, it's a giant noella reserva. I'm glad I bought a box, and am considering a second one as backup.

If the 2011 is better than the 2014 and if the 2015 is like the 2011, I'm going to create a serious cash flow problem in my house come September.

The 2013 couldn't have been all that good as I see Emerson's still has them in stock.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Maybe it's just me, but they're all good.

I actually prefer the Regios Reserva to the TAA's simply because I hate boxpressed.

So if you have a great palate, it probably goes 2011>2014>Regios Reserva>J21, but Im happy enough with the J21 that I don't mind saving the money and not having the others.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Forced to chose only between those two, I'd go with the illusione, but I don't buy those blind. The dark wrappers are pretty good, but the light ones are sour.

Personally, if I'm looking for a $4 cigar, I'm going with DPG Blue or Quintero. If I wanted maduro, I'd look at Papas Fritas, Ramon Bueso Genesis, Nica Rustica, or trying to find some Roma Interperance BA XXI on sale. Same price, better flavor (IMHO).

If I'm just looking for an inexpensive yard cigar, I'm going two bundles of JLP and pocketing the $100 difference.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Forced to chose only between those two, I'd go with the illusione, but I don't buy those blind. The dark wrappers are pretty good, but the light ones are sour.

Personally, if I'm looking for a $4 cigar, I'm going with DPG Blue or Quintero. If I wanted maduro, I'd look at Papas Fritas, Ramon Bueso Genesis, Nica Rustica, or trying to find some Roma Interperance BA XXI on sale. Same price, better flavor (IMHO).

If I'm just looking for an inexpensive yard cigar, I'm going two bundles of JLP and pocketing the $100 difference.
You sure you posted in the right thread?

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'd love to see Pete or someone (Perhaps KC or Sean when they aren't on twitter ;) ) update and maintain this website. Would be a great resource to have especially with all the limited and store exclusives and such.
Agreed. Not everything is there so theres some stuff that I guess you have to follow Tatuaje enough to know the details of. Having said that, whats there is enough to give an idea of the lines and whats what.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Agreed. Not everything is there so theres some stuff that I guess you have to follow Tatuaje enough to know the details of. Having said that, whats there is enough to give an idea of the lines and whats what.
Painful trying to figure out what's what in Tatuaje's line. I've given up searching and cross referencing blogs and reviewers.

"This blend is based on that blend but with this wrapper like this vitola but also different but sort of the same as the blend from this vitola"

It's just easier for me to smoke the damn thing and know if I like it or not. Worst case scenario I'm out some money. My kids should be paying for their own college anyway.

Last edited: