What's new

Which wineadors have stood the test of time?

Most reliable wineador brand

• Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newair

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Haier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edgestar

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
While researching wineadors and getting ideas to build my own, I've come across a shockingly high number of complaints that people's units have stopped working.

If you own a wineador(s) please vote as to which brand you think is the most reliable.
If you don't have personal experience with one, but have done enough reading/research to make an honest vote, feel free.
Being that I'm not providing specific models, please vote on the brand as a whole.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You should probably add vinotemp to the listing, I've read those were actually the best (although probably the priciest as well).

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've had my Vinotemp for a few years with no isues.
Had a Haier for actually cooling wine and it didnt last a year. Now I have a 6btl Vino for wine and after a year or so, the temp display is going out. But my 28btl Vinodor is holding up.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I can't imagine any of the brands being poor quality for our needs. They are just refrigerators with good door seal. As long as you plug up any drain holes and they should all hold humidity.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Vinotemp is all I would ever consider. After being in the house for 3 years, we moved it into our RV last winter. It has been all over the country on some HORRIBLE roads. Before I managed to get it bolted down, it fell over a few times while driving. I can't imagine anyone has physically put a vinotemp through more stress than I have, and it's still holding a perfect seal, and the cooling unit still fires up every time the ETC tells it to do so.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My biggest concern is that the peltier device will fail and the unit will stop
cooling. I live in Central Florida, it gets pretty warm here.
I can't imagine any of the brands being poor quality for our needs. They are just refrigerators with good door seal. As long as you plug up any drain holes and they should all hold humidity.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Edgestar 28 here. I built it 2 years ago and plugged it in then. However, after a few months noticed it was constantly lowering the RH, even with an inline temp controller, so I simply unplugged it and have used it that way ever since. Sits a solid 65/65 year round.