What's new

Whisky or Cognac

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Facing a delima.. about 2yrs ago i switched from scotch to bourbons. Then last week someone gave me some Hennessy VS cognac over rocks, and it was VERY tasty with a cigar. Has anyone ever had the Hennessy VSOP (~$60) cognac. That or I may get Blantons reserve bourbon... never had any of those but hear good things. Up for suggestions!!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I'm not much for cognac, but IMHO there is nothing better with a cigar than bourbon. I try to match a spicy cigar with a spicy bourbon, and sweet with sweet... So its best to keep a variety of bourbons around to mix things up.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I'm not much for cognac, but IMHO there is nothing better with a cigar than bourbon. I try to match a spicy cigar with a spicy bourbon, and sweet with sweet... So its best to keep a variety of bourbons around to mix things up.
... and THAT earns you honorary "kentuckian" status, john. o)

seriously, though i never really developed a cognac palate, you should pair what YOU like with what YOU like. henn is worth it, IF you dig cognac. if your last experience was positive, then follow it, see where it leads.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hen-dog is my Lions tailgating cognac. I also like Remy's 1738 and Kelt VSOP. To get and idea, I'm a Bookers regular, and I tend to shy away from heavy rye spirits (don't like the throat hit).

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hen-dog is my Lions tailgating cognac. I also like Remy's 1738 and Kelt VSOP. To get and idea, I'm a Bookers regular, and I tend to shy away from heavy rye spirits (don't like the throat hit).
I'm sure it's going down easier at 6-2. They got a tough one this week that Dolphins DLine is quick

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm sure it's going down easier at 6-2. They got a tough one this week that Dolphins DLine is quick
Hen-dog was to get us through the 0-16 season, now it's a tradition. Stupid teal fish, GO LIONS!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Like in cigars, you really need to explore a variety of spirits until you find your sweet spot. Some come in a 100ml size to try.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'm a bourbon guy and generally keep about 10-14 different bottles on hand. It's all about the pairing baby! And Blantons is the shit!

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Congac absolutely haha, Camus xo or even vs, decourtet vsop or xo, and Remy Martin 1738 accord royal are all great with cigars. And not terribly expensive, budget would be decourtet vs but it's damn good.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
The Hennessy VSOP is outstanding for pairing with a cigar, I like it both with and without a cube of ice, The other Cognac that is very tasty is Courvoisier ..... Good luck

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Remy XO has paired well with cigars for me. And as of now, Rowans Creek and a V Melanio is one of my favorite pairings.