What's new

Who carries what and why

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm taking my CPL class in the next week or 2, and am looking for a new pistol for carry. Glock is out due to no safety (don't wanna carry without, I'd be scared I'd shoot my pee pee off :bangbang:)

who carries what and why?

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I have a Browning BDA 380 and a Springfield XDm Sub Compact that I carry. I had the Browning first, it was small and easily concealable, I just recently got the Springfield to replace the Browning. I like the safety features on it, 3 of them.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I carry a Bersa .45 ultra compact or a Glock 33 subcompact .357 sig. The .45 is a nail driver and I like the weight of the Glock.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
S&W J-Frame 442 .38spl +p

I also carry a Glock 23 sometimes. Glocks actually have 3 safeties (from Wikipedia): Safety

The Glock features a triple safety system that secures the firearm against accidental discharge and consists of three independent safety mechanisms: an external trigger safety[29] and two automatic internal safeties—a firing pin safety[30] and a drop safety.[31] The external safety is a small inner lever contained in the trigger. Pressing the lever activates the trigger bar and sheet metal connector. One of the internal safeties is a solid hardened steel pin that, in the secured state, blocks the firing pin channel (disabling the firing pin in its longitudinal axis). The firing pin safety is pushed upward to release the firing pin for firing only when the trigger is actuated and the safety is pushed up through the backward movement of the trigger bar; the second, drop safety guides the trigger bar in a precision safety ramp that is released only when a shot is triggered by pulling the trigger right back. The safeties are systematically disengaged one after the other when the trigger is squeezed and then automatically re-activated when the trigger is released. Passive safeties allow the pistol to be carried with a cartridge in the chamber thus reducing the time required to deploy the pistol. This allows the user to concentrate on tactical considerations, rather than manipulation of levers, hammers or external safeties as found in other conventional handguns

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I prefer to carry a gun with no safeties. When SHTF, your motor skills degrade. I don't want to be fumbling around with safeties.

Also, keep your finger off the darn trigger until you are ready to shoot..... No accidental discharge :)

Also, state law here in OH requires you to carry in a holster, but I would ALWAYS recommend using a holster.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Take a look at the SIG 232 in 380 ACP I have one in stainless. Has saftey, it fits in the hand very well, its reliable, and is relatively small for easy concealed carry. One of my favorites.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I carry the following depending on what I am wearing as well as other reason but do nto want to be to wordy

Sig P220 Equinox Carry - .45acp, bigger than the others I carry but not full size

Sig P238 - .380 ACP in 1911 format, great pocket gun, 6 shots, carry locked and loaded. The safety becomes second nature on this gut the way it is positions

S&W 340pd 120z 38 spec+p / .357 - 5 round, lots of stopping power

Ruger LCP - .380 easy pocket gun when wearing shorts etc

Bersa thunder carry .380 - Just cause it is cheap, reliable, and well made

Lots of options out there...I would carry the 340pd everyday if I could........Love that gun, fun to shoot as well.

Last edited:

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Picked up a G20 not too long ago.... Nice pistol, love the glock name, love the glock feel. i will be taking my CWP class in about 2 weeks. The G20 is a very nice firearm however, the 10mm ammunition is a lil'expensive. If someone knows someone that knows someone let me know...

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
shot me a couple boomsticks before,

me?

i keep a pair of numchucks in my truck
just put in some new swiss bearings

ninja stars are the shit though
but too dangerous

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Holy shit...u still post here?;)

S&W 99 sub compact 40 cal. No safety either...just a dual stage trigger. I don't like having a safety myself.
You taking ur class with Ray Moses out there...he is one crazy dude...but best class to take!

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Picked up a G20 not too long ago.... Nice pistol, love the glock name, love the glock feel. i will be taking my CWP class in about 2 weeks. The G20 is a very nice firearm however, the 10mm ammunition is a lil'expensive. If someone knows someone that knows someone let me know...
I also have a G20. Here is where I buy my range ammo: http://georgia-arms.com/10mm.aspx

Here is where I buy my carry ammo: http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_25

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Agree with Starz26 ... it depends.

With a suit and overcoat it's my full size SA Operator .45. But during the summer months it's my G27 .40, easier to conceal.

On duty it's my G22 and my G27.

Stay safe and stay armed.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I carry a G23 because it has no safeties. Much like in the movie blackhawk down, my finger is my safety. I've been through a bunch of live fire shooting classes and became very comfortable and respectful of firearms. Plus I'm just used to the glock it was my first pistol and I paid $409 for it. As far as ammo it eats whatever I put in it at the range so whatever is cheap when I hit the store I buy. For carry I use Corbon DPX do some reading at http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm to make an educated decision for carry ammo.

Ooh yeah and I wear an inside wasteband holster from Comp-tac.com it's the minotaur model. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95 If no one has said get a real no kidding gun belt too if you plan on wearing a belt holster. I got mine from www.beltman.net custom made to order with a wide variety of options. I got a natural horsehide belt with a velcro lining (my holster is velcro clips instead of c clips). This combo allows me to conceal in a tshirt as long as it's not tight around the waist. My Tat shirt from NHC is an "athletic" cut shirt and it does not really allow for carry with out printing.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'm carrying a Colibri Cigarro, it has an SST flame with a built-in punch cutter featuring 3 different size cutters. It really packs a punch. There is no safety feature but so far it hasn't gone off accidentally, at least I haven't caught my pants on fire. I keep it set on low just in case. If the shit really hits the fan, I figure I can turn it up real quick.

That's what you meant by fire arms, right? :wink:

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Is it that rough of a neighborhood where you guys live? I'm just curious. I've been to and through and even spent some time in some rough neighborhoods but never considered the idea of carrying a gun, even though I couldn't, I live in NJ.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Glock 19
or
Glock 26
or
Para Ord 45 LDA 7+1
or
Para Ord 45 LDA 13+1
or
NAA .22mag mini revolver

Depends on how I'm dressed. The NAA ain't much but better than nothing.