What's new

Who is your faviorite baseball team and why?

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Oh man, with all this snow, I cannot wait for the mlb season to start. It's my favorite sport and the sign that spring is upon us.

So who's your favorite team and why?

I've been a Baltimore Orioles fan for about 35 years now. They were the first little league team I played for and I just adopted them as my favorite team. I suffered through some pretty bad years, but it's been fun watching them ever since Buck took over as manager. I plan on taking my first trip to Camden Yards in August with my son to catch a game.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Rays.

I started vacationing at St. Pete Beach back in 2002 and fell in love with the area. I went to a game here and there on a couple trips and I enjoyed rooting for the underdog. I was sick and tired of being a lifelong Cubs fan so I made the switch.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Mets Fan
My first memory of watching baseball was watching the 1973 series with Yogi Bera managing. Loved watching Tom Seaver pitch. I was at the 86 World Series game six when the ball went through Buckners legs and they tied the game.
Just wish ownership would change at this point

My whole family are baseball / fastpitch softball fanatics. My daughters even play softball in college

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Rays.

I started vacationing at St. Pete Beach back in 2002 and fell in love with the area. I went to a game here and there on a couple trips and I enjoyed rooting for the underdog. I was sick and tired of being a lifelong Cubs fan so I made the switch.
I feel bad for the Rays, if they weren't small market, they would have had quite a strong long lasting team. Still, with Tanaka out, they still have a decent rotation in regards to the other teams in the East. Really looking forward to the cubs this year.

Red Sox. I grew up with a bunch of yankee fans. Enough said
Yeah, I get that too, living in New York.

Detroit Tigers

Home team and overall solid organization with a fantastic gm. Been a fun run of late.

I too can't wait for the season. Baseball is the only sport I am interested in. Especially can't wait for warm weather, ball game on tv, and cigar in hand in my garage this summer
My son proclaimed his loyalty to the tigers after he found a hot wheels tigers semi truck in a shop in cooperstown. I suppose it, Detroit is a proud organization with a lot of history.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Dodgers! Go Blue!

Always been a Dodgers fan, it's the team I grew up with. Have to support the local teams no matter how good or bad they are, grew up a Raiders fan as well. Like I said, good or bad, don't judge me.

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Atlanta Braves.

I remember going to see them for the first time in 1967 at the old AFC stadium. Dad loved the Braves, so growing up, if we werent watching them on tv, we were listening to them on the radio. Ive seen them many times since 67, but that first time is still the one I remember as being the best.

Thanks for the post Eric, this brings back some good memories...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Big Royals fan! Just one game short last year . Hopefully they can have continued success. It's tough for small market teams to maintain it. I love sitting on my deck with a cigar watching the game on tv.

Also rooted a little for the Cubs growing up because I was a huge Ryne Sandberg fan. He played the game with class.

I forgot the why I'm a Royals fan. I grew up in a small town in Kansas 2.5 hours south of KC and every summer we would go to a couple of games as a family. I live in KC now :happy:.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The Reds. Why? Well for starters, I live in southwest Ohio. Secondly, I grew up during the Big Red Machine dynasty. When you see the greatest team of all time, how could you ever love another? Unfortunately, every Reds team gets compared to those mid 70's teams and falls woefully short. The 1990 team, though, was maybe more exciting and holds a special place in my heart. Playing fantasy baseball for the last dozen years has somewhat dulled my fervor for one specific team anymore.