What's new

Who's in the strangest place today?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in a radiation lab watching a 423 neutron-per-second Californium-252 source set off 64 Helium-3 detectors 2 feet from me. Where are you?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sitting in front of my computer at home, hacking up half a lung due to this damn flu/bronchitus bug I have, wondering how you are posting to BOTL while in a radiation lab!:smt104

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on a side note, I am currently growing another head and arm so that I may smoke 2 cigars at once......work is assisting me with this, bless their hearts!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is more than enough, overabundant, extra, unnecessary, uncalled-for, or wasteful about my description? I thought it gave an accurate depiction of my current state. Now, if I had said that the source was located inside a half ton of lead, surrounded by 64 helium-3 detectors, which have He-3 at 4 atmospheres of pressure in glass tubes encased in steel tubes and then surrounded by high density polyethylene.....then the detectors are surrounded by 300 lbs of high density polyethylene and this entire array is 2 feet from me, so I am really not suffering any measureable radiation damage...........THAT would have been superfluous.