What's new

Who's jumping on the Flor?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
The My Father Flor de las Antillas, that is. (You see what I did there? :stretchgr)

Our good brother Jeff layed one on me that he brought back from the Federal party earlier in the year. It has that Pepin pepper on top, but without the "oh my god, i have to sh*t my pants" strength. I loved it so much, I just ordered a box from Atlantic to celebrate the end of my semester.

Anyone else excited about this new release? Atlantic seems to be blowing through them...

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
have a box of toro and robusto. bought one each out of my local's boxes, and circled back a couple blocks to scoop them. o)

what has ME amazed, is they are rich yet mellow now, and they are ROTT. pepin stuff has a marked ability for aging. now if i can keep my hands off them...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
That mellow & rich combination is what I am talking about... amazing. I already suspect that I am going to be ordering more boxes in the near future.

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great torro and robusto doesn't have the sweetness that I chase while smoking Ashton VSG but a great cigar beautiful wrapper attractive band and about 3-5 bucks cheaper than a Ashton its a worthy purchase.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Got a bundle of in my BBE ass kicking. Smoked one a few days ago and immediately moved the rest to the very bottom of the humidor. Hopefully I'll forget I have these for a while (though threads like this don't help :stickbeat) cause they should only get better.

Dan

ghe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everyone. My Father just continues to produce great cigars. Don Pepin's going to be at an event nearby in about a month, so I'm hoping to get a deal on a box then.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had my first last night and honestly I was blown away. I guess my expectation was low due to the low score on Half Wheel. Normally I am in line with most of their reviews but I think they need to do a redux with the released product ASAP. I found the flavor to be full and interesting and body to be a little more than the mild to medium I was expecting. I was very impressed and with the price point, wow. I smoked the toro btw.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I picked up a bundle of toros from Atlantic and have been very pleased. It's not a strong cigar, but the flavor is very enjoyable and the construction is excellent.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Had one from the same dinner you got yours from. I loved it from start to finish. All of the flavor without the nicotine headache and upset stomach!

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Do you work for CA? Seriously you pitch a cigar after 10 minutes without giving it a chance to develop? I never understand that but as you stated different strokes.....
Although I disagree with Cmacs stand point on this cigar (one of my favs for this year)...I agree where he is coming from. Could be my last stick...but if it is not my bag it is out...not worth trying to sit through it if I dont like it. Just my .02

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Do you work for CA? Seriously you pitch a cigar after 10 minutes without giving it a chance to develop? I never understand that but as you stated different strokes.....
I've pitched several cigars after 10 minutes or less. if the first 10 minutes is bad, I have other cigars I like.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Didn't do much for me, pitched it after about 10 mins. Different strokes...
don't agree with the opinion, but DO with the pitching. life is too short, and they are never ALL going to fit your profile. i will revisit later, but won't sit through a crap beginning just to get to an eventual pay off (or linger on when a good opening goes flat).

still gots me some set aside though!

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I really liked this cigar... had a robusto out of the first batch boxed shipment, and a better toro out of the fed release...
This cigar is right up my alley, it has that strong spice start, nice flavor throughout and developed nicely.
I will be smoking more of these for sure, and should have them in the shop in a few days too. I love how the bad has that soft look to it, yet it pops a bit.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Haven't tried this one yet, but I will fairly soon. Then again I am a Pepin whore.

As far as tossing a stick, good job Craig Mac. Several years ago I purchased some HORRIBLE $17 brandy infused Gurkha. Took 4-5 draws, walked out of the shop and threw it in the middle of the street. HORRIBLE. The owner felt bad because he knew my taste and suggested the stick. It was all good, he gave me a free Cojonu 2003 and a glass of tequila.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Haven't tried this one yet, but I will fairly soon. Then again I am a Pepin whore.

As far as tossing a stick, good job Craig Mac. Several years ago I purchased some HORRIBLE $17 brandy infused Gurkha. Took 4-5 draws, walked out of the shop and threw it in the middle of the street. HORRIBLE. The owner felt bad because he knew my taste and suggested the stick. It was all good, he gave me a free Cojonu 2003 and a glass of tequila.
Understood but he didnt say it was horrible, just not his cup of tea. For me I have had countless cigars that start out ordinary but then have developed into something very good. Unless the taste is unpleasant I always allow it time to develop....anyway as I said different strokes