What's new

Why do you smoke cigars?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I somke cigars because it gives me a chance to relax with my fiancee (is that right Scott) and my friends. It gives a chances to get away from school and work. For some reason, it helps me stay focused on what's important in life, that being family and friends. What about you?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
DRL1211 said:
I somke cigars because it gives me a chance to relax with my fiancee (is that right Scott) and my friends. It gives a chances to get away from school and work. For some reason, it helps me stay focused on what's important in life, that being family and friends. What about you?
Agree'd, I'm more relaxed since I started smoking again(cigars that is)...plus I enjoy the comradarie, discussions and it's a nice hobby.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Cigars help me to slow down. Life today is much too fast paced. It's easy to get swept up in the more, better, faster treadmill.
Since having kids, I realise the importance of now. Cigars have taught me to focus on the moment, and this translates over into other areas of my life.
You can't smoke a cigar fast, if you do, it takes away from the experience. The same with life, you shouldn't live it fast, you will miss too much of the "now moments". If you always are looking for what's next, you miss what's here.
Cigars have been instramental in helping me realize that.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I agree with all of you smoking allows me to sit back and relax and think of very little. I don't think about work that day or start to plan for the next I just think about my cigar and talk to my wife or play with the dogs.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A lot of reasons, including relaxation; enjoying the fine aroma and flavors. It also reminds me of my father and uncles and great times as a kid. Just something that is in the blood; I could not imagine life without great cigars to go with the great times.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I would never sit down and relax if I didn't smoke cigars. They give me some much needed chill time and I enjoy talking to the other BOTL's when herfing. Fun to share stories and cigar information with whomever.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
There are quite a few reasons. I enjoy the whole thing from deciding what cigars to get next, to receiving them and spending time enjoying and studying the aroma, contstruction and even the packaging. As for actually smoking cigars, I mostly smoke alone so it's a time for me to just relax and reflect on things. Between work and taking care of my father I don't get much time to myself so I really look forward to and enjoy my smoking time.

chinaboy

hm...yes..okay..sure..
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gives me a chance to do nothing but relax with the fine taste.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am not going to say anything that hasn't been said above.

Cigars are one of the most intersting hobbies that I have had, there is so much to learn and more importantly experience. The great side effect is the relaxation time and it gives me a chance to forget about work or anything that is bothering me. I also have to mention that the people that share this obsession are amongst the finer people I have met.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
But really for that hour or hour and a half of relaxation that does not come all to often in the craziness of todays world..... It gives me something to learn about and to appreciate it.... Without the break i would go insane... And herfing with everybody just brings in a whole different aspect of brotherhood that is great as well......

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Definitely the relaxation. I usually smoke with one of my best friends. We talk about whatever, but it's not uncommon for us just to sit there for half an hour or so without saying anything. I'm not sure what beats having a good cigar with a great friend on a peaceful afternoon/evening.

TYLER

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
tobby4 said:
to look cool...
LMAO at that one and then laughed even harder at this one...
Ironman said:
I hope you have a plan B......LOL
I would have to agree with everything that has been stated already. Initially cigar smoking was a way to unwind and just relax, whether that was alone or with friends and family.

Since discovering Cigar bulletin boards it has become even more...I don't even have to be smoking a cigar to appreciate the brotherhood of smoking cigars. I have met quite a few people from the boards in person and have felt like I was hanging with an old friend from the get go when meeting most of them.

I am just grateful that in todays age that we are able to have a passion like cigars and the freedom to pursue it...sadly, more and more, that is slipping away.

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think BOTL says it all, its about the brotherhood. I've met a lot of great people, and learned to love a new hobby.

Even better, its the only hobby I have that doesn't isn't physically demanding or include broken bones. A hobby with an "extreme" attached to the front isn't exactly relaxing.