What's new

Why I am here...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved again, this time to Hinesville, Ga.
Let me see how do I start.
Well my name is In Rod We Trust not really but it is something that I have used for a very long time so I thought I would use it here. Let me see if I can rememember on how I got started into this whole thing. I am not sure on how this should go so I will just start.
My buddy Sean and I were just comming of a mission back in 2005 it was a good one we stopped bad guys and shot our weapons so we were doing what we came here to do. It's early in the morning and we are talking on how we were going to mark the occassion with some form of celebration. I start telling him that we should probably have some cigars to smoke. The local shops have them but I knew they would be fake. So Sean says how about we do some research and figure out what kind of cigars we can get that will be real to smoke. Needles to say that when we embarked on this it would not take a couple of days of research to discover what is real and what is not. But we took notes cross refrenced things between ourselves and remembered things to look for. We printed some pages out to take on our quest saying that we would need more cigars just to mark occassions that we had done a few days prior. Anyways Sean and I made our way to the smoke shops that "hadji" set up all saying of course that they had the best and most authentic ones. We looked through about five shops that had rows and and rows of cigars and were about to give up since we could not have real ones. What would be the point of smoking real cubans if all you could find was fakes. In our last shop in the multitudes of boxes that we found we scored our lucky break. To this day I still can't remember what the cigars were but I do remember the tast of them though. It was mild sweet and had what tasted to be a hint of mild chocolate. After telling the shop owner that all his cigars were fake and that we would turn him in for selling these at such a high prize he sold us the box of cigars for seventy-five dollars. When we got back to our room we looked them up and found out they were worth about two hundred or so. Since then I have enjoyed smoking cigars all because of a treasure hunt for our victory smokes.
I still don't know all about cigars I am still learning but I do know that I usually light one up when my crew and I go out of the wire on our missions. My soldiers usually ask me now where my stogie is when we go out. I have gone on dismounted missions with my rifle at the ready and a nice stogie in my mouth. I know this might sound a little hard to belive but I do enjoy my cigars.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Rod, welcome to BOTL. Thank you also for your service. Good introduction by the way.
I am sure you will enjoy this forum. Good luck and keep us posted.