What's new

Why?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What is it that makes us love cigars? It's one of my favorite hobbies and past times. I get excited looking at pictures and smoking something htf. Buying more than I need and giving them away to see somebody else get as excited as me. It's just a bad ass thing......"normal" people just don't understand, like I am insane! After all a cigar is only a cigar. If I could work and live in the cigar industry I would jump all over it. I don't have that passion for many things, I think it's a love, and obsession.........cigars make me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Good question... definitely a unique type of person and it's funny how a lot of our other interest are similar as well. I love how we separate our selves from other smokers lol ever heard yourself on the other end of do you smoke?

Me: hell no... Well cigars yeah.

Lol

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I am right there with you Anthony. I don't know what it is...but there is definitely a feel good chemical released whenever I look at, smoke, gift, or read about anything cigars....it is crazy.

you are very right 40...shared interests besides cigars....beer, whiskey, shaving, I have seen another bowler and magician as well.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It is funny you bring this up. JLB and I were just explaining this exact scenario to a friend who after everything we said to him said "I guess I don't get it"
It's the thrill of the hunt for a new cigar, for a great deal, for the next victim, for the next good laugh. I think it goes beyond just being a cigar. It the friendship and the people and the good times that come with the cigars.
It truly is amazing how cigars bring people together!

Heath

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
If I was smart, I'd do something with this passion and hobby besides spend all my money on them. I've contemplated opening a lounge, or being a sales rep or moving to a foreign country and buying a farm and factory lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I think its the thrill of the hunt or the mystery of a trade/bomb along with the passion of sitting next to people you never met and shooting the shit for hours.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There is a social aspect to it as well, like sharing a bottle of wine. Different than sharing a 12 pack of Bud Light :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is funny you bring this up. JLB and I were just explaining this exact scenario to a friend who after everything we said to him said "I guess I don't get it"
It's the thrill of the hunt for a new cigar, for a great deal, for the next victim, for the next good laugh. I think it goes beyond just being a cigar. It the friendship and the people and the good times that come with the cigars.
It truly is amazing how cigars bring people together!

Heath
Well said!
And in the time's that I smoke alone, it's a time for me to unwind, take that hour+ and just enjoy the taste & aroma.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
For some reason, cigar smoking is a "brotherhood", unlike many other hobbies. Everyone I've ever herfed with has been generous beyond belief. You meet a new guy at a herf, and what's the first thing most of us do? Say "hey, have you ever tried this one?", as we reach into our stash for cigars to hand out. Next thing you know, you're like long lost friends. I've herfed with dozens upon dozens of folk, and I can't think of one that I wouldn't consider a brother.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have met most of my friends that I smoke with on this forum. One common bonding agent of course was the cigar. I have also gotten other people into the hobby. I never was one to go out and find that hard to get cigar. The money issue was part of it with a daughter her boyfriend and 4 granddaughters living at the house. However, they are now gone and we have a little extra money. I do search out a hard to find cigar from time to time. I guess I am just an old man set in my ways I know what I like and that is what I go after. However, I have been in a couple of PIFs and received some of those cigars I never smoked before. It is funny how one simple thing as a cigar can bring so much joy to a persons soul. I enjoy smoking a fine cigar with the starter of this thread Anthony. I have said it a million times and I will say it again he is one hell of a young man. Anthony if you want to open a lounge let's talk about it I have wanted to do the same. There is no lounges in our area and we could do well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend a lot of time standing around outside on weekends at bike shows or dog shows and having a cigar makes what would be dead time much more enjoyable. It also allows people to find common ground in order to strike up a conversation. I can't tell you the number of people that come up to me and say "that cigar smells really good, what kind is it?" I think like good microbrews, I always want to try what's new so that keeps me interested in the hobby, but I'm really not interested in chasing the hard to find limited runs, because they rarely live up to the hype.