What's new

Wife had Thyroid Cancer...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, thank you for sharing you story. The strength she must have is amazing. On that note the sometimes unforgotten strength lie's in the love ones. Stay strong and try to keep a positive mindset. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Well after her surgery she had to take a radiation pill to kill any remaining thyroid and cancer cells. She was told it would take 24 to 36 hours on average before her radiation level would be low enough to leave her isolated room in the hospital and go home. Guess she took that as a challenge lol. Being the over achiever she is she was released 18 hours after taking the pill. This week we had a follow up scan and many test done and I am very happy to say for now she had kicked cancers ass! I couldn't think of a better Christmas present and great start to a new year than that news. I am not ashamed to admit that when he gave is the news I cried like a little baby. Guys (and gals) make sure your significant other gets a thorough exam from their doctor. If her OBGYN had not caught it when he did all 3 of her doctors told us she wouldn't have survived it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aunt just went through the same ordeal had surgery and radiation afterwards and is now doing great. Cancer is never good, but of the ones to get thyroid cancer has by far one of the best chances for a 100% recovery. Because my wife and I both have thyroid disorders this is a constant concern for the both of us as well. I'm glad your wife is doing well and will pray for a complete recovery.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congrats and very happy for you and your family. Beyond removing the cancer, the surgery has other stresses, mainly the recurrent laryngeal nerves IMHO. Glad to hear all is well!

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks guys. And I agree with the other stresses. One of he vocal cords was paralyzed for a couple months and the Dr couldn't explain why. It has corrected itself bit she was really concerned about it during that time.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hallelujah brother! Fantastic news to read. I know you are on cloud 9 so you might want to celebrate with something special (a hint to the brothers). Please give your wife our congratulations.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Congratulations and best wishes going forward. She seems like a strong woman and having you stand by her must have made her stronger.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Great news!!! My 24 year old Sister in Law found out she had Ewings Sarcomma last year in November and after a hip replacement and alot of treatments, she is also cancer free. Praise the Lord!!!

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Once again I ask my brothers here for prayers. She goes in Friday for another full body scan to make sure they got all the cancer cells and that it didn't spread anywhere else. She is staying strong and positive but I can tell she is nervous about the results (as am I). The shots and small dose of radiation she has had this week are taking their toll on her physically but she is a trooper and tries not to let it show. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the results. I can't express how the much the prayers and thoughts have meant to us. Very glad to be a part of this brotherhood that is so much more than just cigars. Look forward to smoking something special when we get the news that she is cancer free!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I am very happy to hear it went well! You hit it right on the head..no one wants to hear or know that they have the big C but it is a very real and plausible situation for all of us. I'm just getting back on insurance after 7 years without. This is a good slap in the face to start getting checked out. I'm not getting any younger but I can choose to get smarter.. Thank you for sharing and you and the misses take care and get well

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Once again I ask my brothers here for prayers. She goes in Friday for another full body scan to make sure they got all the cancer cells and that it didn't spread anywhere else. She is staying strong and positive but I can tell she is nervous about the results (as am I). The shots and small dose of radiation she has had this week are taking their toll on her physically but she is a trooper and tries not to let it show. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the results. I can't express how the much the prayers and thoughts have meant to us. Very glad to be a part of this brotherhood that is so much more than just cigars. Look forward to smoking something special when we get the news that she is cancer free!
I will be praying and believing that she will be cancer free Brother! Let us all know Friday that she is cancer free and we will smoke a special cigar with you!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm going to add you guys back to my daily prayer list Rodney.

I just pray that the treatments she has received have done their job and that the scan will show that she is now cancer free. I also pray that God will give you the strength to continue to give her the support and care that she needs. In Jesus name...Amen!

Please keep us posted.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Praying for you and your wife that she is cancer free and the test results prove it. We would love to celebrate with you and give God the glory!