What's new

wifi

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
how available is wifi? it seems to be available at most major airports, but where else? i am almost ready to get an iphone, but now i see the touch. i like verizon wireless for my phone service. i want the iphone primarily for internet access. will the wifi only touch be too limited in its service areas?

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Around here (Atlanta) it's in almost every hotel and coffee shop or restaurant. But as far as having some type of wireless umbrella over parts of the city, no.

My wife and daughter have iPhones and from what I can tell, if you're depending on the AT&T network, then some pages are pretty slow to load, almost like dial-up. But others, like Yahoo, load pretty fast. They always opt for the wireless first if it's available. Sounds very hit & miss to me.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
IMHO the only reason to get a iPod Touch instead of an iPhone is if you REALLY don't care about anything but having the multi-touch interface and you REALLY do want the extra space offered by the 16GB model. Otherwise, the iPhone beats the living snot out of the iPod Touch.

For $100 more, you get the ability to use the Internet everywhere (not just in WiFi areas), and real email, and visual voicemail, and a camera, and an included Dock, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, and a more full-function calendar application.

The Touch is a damn-fine iPod, but the iPhone is a much, much better value.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I use it for business and I am investing in the Sprint plug in. Too often I was searching for or paying for time on line.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
That is the one thing I find about being an AT&T customer. For $19.99 per month I have unlimited access to their Wi-Fi Netwrok which is in every McDonals's, Barnes and Noble and countless other areas and I have no problem with uploads or downloads. It's not the device that is the driver, it's the Network!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
A guy in my office has an Iphone, but got a guy from craigslist to hack it, so now he uses it on his T-mobile account for $79 a month with full internet access everywhere. I hate the monopoly that At&t has on that phone.