Will this setup work?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
The Puck is filled with beads so it will work fine. I would suggest getting the 65&#37;.

The hygrometer is a great choice since it is the kind that can be calibrated.

You can't go wrong with either of the 2 things you have mentioned.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I currently use both of those products and have been completely and totally satisfied with each of them. The Puck saves me tons and tons of time--less refilling the crappy ol' foam block and it's easy to check. It's also good peace of mind to know that my humidification device is made for exactly the RH I want.

I haven't run into any bad digital hygrometers, and the one you linked to works perfectly for me. Does anyone know of any bad digital hygrometers?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks for the quick response guys!

Rich K-

Since you have used it I have just a few questions. Once the humidor is seasoned I put some distilled water in and then attach it? What kind of maintenance and how often does it require it?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
You may do well to search the forum as beads are popular around here (for good reason), but with a puck you will pop the cover off remove the foam cover making sure that the beads don't stick to it and and spray them with a mister full of distilled water. I usually spray until about half of them are clear. Make sure the top has snapped into place when you put it back on (trust me). I do this about every 2 weeks or so for the 30 ct desktop in the office that is outfitted with the puck (and the same hygrometer that you are buying).

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Mark from Cigarmony is a very stand up vendor. His puck is a fine item. How big of a humidor are you putting it in? If it's larger, dual pucks or simply beads may be a better option, Mark can also take care of you on this as well.

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You can't go wrong with Mark and The Puck. If you have questions, I suggest you PM him.