What's new

will trade cigars for...

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I don't know squat either. My friends dad does this stuff so he gave my 5 funds with percentages to invest in and he said don't change until I'm at a age that I want to become more conservative. This year, I'm taking a beating, but everyone is. It will bounce back. Keep on buying since the prices are low.

Also, nice job reviving an almost 4 year old thread.

I was actually just curious why a thread from 2012 was back up hahah

I actually got sick of looking at my portfolio balance go down. I made the switch and bought a few residential real estate properties last year. Not saying that's what everyone should do, that's just the direction I decided to go in.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i usally don't pay attention to the dates of a thread, if i find myself on a thread it is because it came up.
I'm just busty your balls Ryan. I'm actually interested in this thread because I'd like to know how to manage my money.

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
i moved my retirement over to a financial planner a few years ago. I am actually up about 3% on the year. It pays to have someone watching over your assets. Whether that be you or a professional.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I balance my 401k regularly, but for the most part I don't sweat it too much. It goes up and down quarterly, but over the past 20 years it's way up.

Earlier this year I decided to use my ETrade account to invest like Warren Buffet and only buy Blue Chip companies that have historically paid high quarterly dividends. I invested a good chunk into 10 companies (think companies like Coke, Visa, Proctor & Gamble, companies that have been around forever and aren't going anywhere) and set up a DRIP ( Dividend Reinvestment Program). The prices may fluctuate but every quarter they pay a dividend and I get more stock. It's kind of nice just investing for the long haul and not trading for quick gains or losses in the sort term.

If it works for Warren, it'll work for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I lose money constantly as well. The market blows. However, my employer matches 4% so I'm instantly doubling up every check :)