What's new

Will you be attending CA’s Big Smoke Las Vegas 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

Yes – This will be my 1st trip
Yes – I am looking forward to going again
I am thinking about it
No - It is too expensive
No - I have been before, I won’t go again
No - Never been, never will
Other – See my post

Cigar Aficionado's 15th annual "Big Smoke" Las Vegas Weekend 2010

"Big Smoke" Evenings
Friday, November 12 • Saturday, November 13
Friday and Saturday evenings, from 6:30-9:30 p.m., are our traditional, fun-filled, "Big Smoke" evenings. At the "Big Smoke" evening you can join your fellow cigar lovers in an atmosphere of good cigars, good drinks, good food and great companionship.

As at every "Big Smoke" around the country, you have the opportunity to walk around and sample cigars from the more than 25 premium cigar producers that will be there. Your ticket price includes a cigar from each of the cigar exhibitors. Cigars will be listed on CigarAficionado.com on September 15.

Included in your ticket price are premium liquors, wines, beer, and other fine spirits from the extensive array of drink exhibitors and delicious dishes prepared for your pleasure by leading Las Vegas restaurants.

Also on display are luxury cars, motorcycles, golf equipment and many more items that appeal to an aficionado.

Tickets are $240 each.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
A group of us from the local shop went last year to the Big Smoke. This year, we're all going to Vegas for that same weekend but not going to the Big Smoke.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Just cant justify or budget it in. I'm going to try my hardest to make the show in vegas next year that the fellows went to New Orleans for. That's the one I'd like to hit.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Voted too expensive. Even if I could justify the cost of entry, the expense of travelling most of the way across the country and lodging would be exhorbitant. No way we could afford the trip.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I live a mere 4 hours drive from Vegas so cost is less of an issue as I can drive. I really want to go some time, but not this year. I have the beach herf a few weeks before the Big Smoke, and the wife is not exactly whipped on me in Vegas with out her. Can't say I blame her. I think it would be cool to do once. Even once I do go, I may not even go to the event, but to all the after stuff, or just herf with the local brothers at the cool spots.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have been many times and the cost of entry finally exceeded the value of the event IMHO. I hope to be in Vegas that week to enjoy some smokes with t he brothers and to hang at Casa Fuente and other venues but will no longer support the outrageous cost to jam into a small space with 6,000 other cigars lovers and fight for a coupe dozen so-so sticks. Everyone should attend at least once but for the price you can get a box or maybe two of superior cigars

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have been many times and the cost of entry finally exceeded the value of the event IMHO. I hope to be in Vegas that week to enjoy some smokes with t he brothers and to hang at Casa Fuente and other venues but will no longer support the outrageous cost to jam into a small space with 6,000 other cigars lovers and fight for a coupe dozen so-so sticks. Everyone should attend at least once but for the price you can get a box or maybe two of superior cigars
Are the seminars any good?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Are the seminars any good?
Yes. Again, once is great. You spend a lot of time with the industry players. Four years ago I think it was $250. Now that is the price of just the night event.

Jammerjoe

Fantasy Sports Geek
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Voted too expensive. Even if I could justify the cost of entry, the expense of travelling most of the way across the country and lodging would be exhorbitant. No way we could afford the trip.
Ditto. bad timing. Make it in the middle of summer and I'd plan a vacation around it.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Not attending. I wouldn't rule out attending one of these years, even though the $240 a ticket is a little on the steep side. Sounds like it could be a fun experience :dunno:.

Dan

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Having been to the IPCPR in New Orleans and excitedly counting down for next year in Vegas, I wouldn't bother with the Big Smoke personally. I can't imagine paying that much for the same, if not better, time at the industry show. Just my opinion.