What's new

wine cooler help

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hey ya'll,
so i have a wine cooler and ill working on getting drawers but i have to get fans wired in a set up first. i have read twenty5's wine cooler 101, and i like his but i am a little overwhelmed in which fans to get and how to wire them? i dont want to get too wide of fans and lose a lot of drawer space, also is there a such thing as moving too much air inside a cooler?what CFM range should i be looking for? and should i still get and ETC if my wine cooler go up to 65 as the max temp? it is a digital display on the front of the unit. also i was thinking that two fans on top and two on bottom would be good but is it too much? should i only get two and have them up top? any help is greatly appreciated. thank you again Brothers!!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I put a basic laptop cooling fan on the bottom hooked up to a timer.. circulates every few hours.. pushes good amount of air, maybe too much, but it's simple

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Plug the damn thing in, put in drawers, add beads or Boveda's of your favorite RH and let's sit for a couple days. Enjoy smokes as normal.

The biggest thing to get over is over-thinking all this. I have a lbs. of 65% HF, half on top and half on the bottom, and a few Bovedas of the same RH on the other shelves just for peace of mind. It holds steady around the 65% mark, not because my Hygrometer is good or even calibrated, but because I trust the humidification devices. Is this the best way, no. I don't believe that there is a "best" way. There is only "The way you set your storage up."

In the end I'm sure you will be happy with how you did it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Plug the damn thing in, put in drawers, add beads or Boveda's of your favorite RH and let's sit for a couple days. Enjoy smokes as normal.

The biggest thing to get over is over-thinking all this. I have a lbs. of 65% HF, half on top and half on the bottom, and a few Bovedas of the same RH on the other shelves just for peace of mind. It holds steady around the 65% mark, not because my Hygrometer is good or even calibrated, but because I trust the humidification devices. Is this the best way, no. I don't believe that there is a "best" way. There is only "The way you set you storage up."

In the end I'm sure you will be happy with how you did it.
Sarge, do you find that the humidity drops when the unit is cooling? Unplugged, mine holds 66%. plugged in, the top area drops to 59%. I've got over two lbs. K/L distributed top and bottom. This is driving me nuts!

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Sarge, do you find that the humidity drops when the unit is cooling? Unplugged, mine holds 66%. plugged in, the top area drops to 59%. I've got over two lbs. K/L distributed top and bottom. This is driving me nuts!
Nope. I keep mine at the highest setting which is 66F. I don't have experience with KL but my Heartfelt Beads and the few Bovedas are 65%. Like I said, the hardest thing to do is just trust the HF or Bovedas to do their job. I don't worry about what the hygro says unless there is a drastic change, which I've never experienced. I just check the beads and packets every once in a while. If most of the beads are clear and the packets are squishy, I'm good.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nope. I keep mine at the highest setting which is 66F. I don't have experience with KL but my Heartfelt Beads and the few Bovedas are 65%. Like I said, the hardest thing to do is just trust the HF or Bovedas to do their job. I don't worry about what the hygro says unless there is a drastic change, which I've never experienced. I just check the beads and packets every once in a while. If most of the beads are clear and the packets are squishy, I'm good.
I'd give a box of '64s for that peace of mind! My two hygros have been spot on in separate tuppers so I'm bound to believe em. Furthermore, I encountered this same anomaly in my 1st wineador so I'm certain there's something amiss. I've already got plenty of media in there so I'm at a dead end. If I see you at Trader's herf, we can talk more then?

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I'd give a box of '64s for that peace of mind! My two hygros have been spot on in separate tuppers so I'm bound to believe em. Furthermore, I encountered this same anomaly in my 1st wineador so I'm certain there's something amiss. I've already got plenty of media in there so I'm at a dead end. If I see you at Trader's herf, we can talk more then?
The other thing to keep in mind is, if the cigars are smoking well, nothing to worry about. :)

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I only have a small wineador, so no fans. Works fine for me, maybe just try it without them first and see how it goes. Only reason I even got it was cause my temp was fluctuating a lot in my cooler the last few months.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The other thing to keep in mind is, if the cigars are smoking well, nothing to worry about. :)
True enough, but I just got this unit seasoned and loaded, so I have no reference point as yet. I'll be getting drawers and shelves from John in late June, so I'm hoping things will settle after I get it all loaded and running. Thanks sir!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
thank you all for the help i am going to take the advice and just put in the drawers if needed i will order a fan and look for a ribbon power cord. if i cant find one ill just make one. thank you again gents!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
@Zigarro, i have to see if i can find the right connections for the end but really it is very simple to do, if you have the connections for the one you want i can make one. won't be as pretty as a professional one but it will be a lot thinner than a regular cable.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
@Zigarro, i have to see if i can find the right connections for the end but really it is very simple to do, if you have the connections for the one you want i can make one. won't be as pretty as a professional one but it will be a lot thinner than a regular cable.
In a pinch, I have used la aptop cooling pad with fans, usb and timer. usb cord is small enough to not interfere with seal.

Last edited: