What's new

Wine Cooler

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Getting a wine cooler when I get my next paycheck. tired of trying to keep the temperature down in my humi. Figure the best way to go is the cooler.

What should i do with my humi in the meantime? Any suggestions since I won't be using it for cigars anytime soon?

ps-what are some details to look at when I'm searching wine coolers?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'd bomb someone with the desktop if it's small enough. I mean, since you won't be using it anytime soon.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
pretty big...and I just got it a little more than a month ago. That's why I feel bad about it. How much cedar should I put in the cooler, btw?

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If it's small enough use it for travel or bomb someone. Or you can use it for smokes within the next couple days. Since I've gotten my wine cooler I still keep my desktop around...then I pick out some smokes from the wine cooler and plop 5 or 6 in the desktop for the next couple days smoking. That way I don't constantly open the wine cooler.

Some things to look for- THERMOELECTRIC. That's about it. Check out my pictures in my gallery, or the thread just below this one on pictures of humidors. I have pics of the Avanti 28 btl there. You can see the hygro and almost 65/65 on the nose. Any other questions just ask!

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Appreciate it Jason. Putting smokes for the week in the humi is a good idea.

What episode of SNL is that from?

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
It's the one where two dudes have a shop, and after describing whatever thing that is for sale they add,"and you can put your weed in it."

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is some wine cooler info in the search function. Been using mine for almost two years, Haier 30 btl is what I have. Thermoelectric is not necessary, just need to have the wine cooler reach the temp of 65 so you wont have to convert it when it is not necessary with some models.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thermoelectric isn't necessary. However, when the facts are that it's cheaper and more reliable why not go with it??? Compressors suck out humidity...long known the reason not to store cigars in refrigerators among other reasons (food flavors). You can get a scratch and dent Avanti for 150 delivered on Ebay. Pm me for details. 65/65 is a beautiful thing.