What's new

Wine education

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
For those of you who are totally new to wine and need some help ... or you've been drinking Boone's Farm for years are are looking to branch out ... or you are just bored and want to explore something new, I want to recommend an excellent online resource for wine. It's the Wine for Newbies podcast series by Bill Wilson - a longtime wine drinker and instructor of Wine Appreciation courses at the Univ of Indiana / South Bend.

These podcasts are all free to download and well worth your time if you want to get some general wine knowledge.

Check it out at : http://winefornewbies.net/audio.html

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Woah now Wait just a dog on minute!!!

Boone's Farm was branchnig out for me. I drank the Ripple like Sanford for years then i decided i better up the stakes and i went to boone's farm. Occassionally, like for Christams or something, i'll get a jug of Mogen David. :santa:

:rolling:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Funny you should get that link...that's where i got the Ripple from.

Ao as not to sound like too much of a bum, i do enjoy a good bottle from time to time. Got a couple bottles of 02 Shafer Relentless resting in the basement, but not for too much longer. Have always enjoyed the staples like Kenwood, Sterling and Kendall Jackson. Thoroughly enjoy Caymus Vineyards, give their Conundrum white table wine a go. Fantastic! And it's even a screw cap.

Wife and i drink 1 maybe 2 bottles a week. Usually in the 10-15 dollar range. Off the shelf at the local grocers. Will spend big bucks on a bottle a few times a year...christmas, anniversary, vacations.

I'm not the connissuer you are though. You're reviews are much more than i could ever muster. i can tell good from great, but not subtle differences.

Regardless, drink on my friend! Here's to ya!