What's new

Wineador Build

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided it's time to create a build thread so I can keep up with what I'm doing. Here's what I picked up or is on the way currently:
NewAir 281-E S&D
NewAir CC-300-BL S&D
Forrest's cedar single slot drawer (1), double slot (1), (3) shelves w/ pulls
Ambient Weather WS-3000-X5 w/ total of 6 sensors (3 per unit)
Smart Digital Light Timer with 3-Prong Outlet 7-day Programmable 15A/1800W (x2)
For the 281-e:
AGPtek Digital All-purpose Temp. Contr. STC-1000 w/sensor
Thermaltake Mobile Fan II

I need a method of humidification. I will have Boveda as a backup (lg 320gr or multiple smaller ones?), and need opinions on primary humidification. I've done lots of research on HF, and the 50 other brands that produce humidity beads, and it seems like there is always at least a couple negative reviews for each one. Trying to narrow it down...

Also would like LED strips on the inside, if anyone has a recommendation for that as well.

Opinions? What am I missing? How many fans should I get?
One will primarily be used for aging, and the other will be used for overflow for aging, and to store my singles. I smoke 97-98% CC. I'm sure there is something I missed.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My newair has two of the large bovedas on the bottom shelf, and a dozen or so of the normal sized ones scattered between the top drawer and boxes and i hold 65% constantly top and bottom no fans. i've found just keeping the drawers actually pulled out a bit, but where the door can still close, is immensely helpful.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about doing this. But a dozen? That seems like a lot. Are you using a 320gm and the 60 gms? I was thinking 1lb of beads in each, 1 LG 320 65% Boveda in each, and wasn't sure how many of the 60gm to get. If I use a pound of beads in each, theoretically, would the Bovedas last forever?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
ya i mean a dozen sounds like a lot but it really isn't that many. I've just collected them over the years and bought some and always recharge them if they run low. Idk the sizing on bovedas. I have two of the ones that are in like cardboard boxes on the bottom then the traditional sizes stuck where they'll fit (not the tiny ones that come with online orders)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I do a LG Boveda (in the box) in each, 2 or 3 of the regular sized ones, and a lb. of beads, will they complement each other in that I'll not have to recharge the beads but maybe...1-2 times a year?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have Bovedas and beads, they are just about the same humidity. I bought the Bovedas in packs of 12 or 20. They get pretty reasonable in those quantities.