What's new

Wineador Project - Newair 281E (yes another one)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks to Griz for the heads up on the scratch & dent deal from Air-N-Water, I grabbed one for $147.95

btw they are still in stock as I post this! http://www.air-n-water.com/product/aw-281e-bl.htm

Needless to say I was slightly worried how damaged it would be, but it showed up very quickly and had only a very very tiny dent on the back cover. It was basically new :)

Scrubbed down the inside with distilled white vinegar and let it dry overnight. There was a pretty strong plastic smell when i first got it but it is almost gone after 1 scrub down with vinegar and then a DW scrub/dry.

Box of baking soda is going in tonight and will run it for a couple days. More updates to come!

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nice grab, I really need to do this soon before I loose all my sticks. These 80* are killing my tuperdor right now.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ethan, did ya get a handle with it? I got one but it was the wrong one, I drilled the door and made it work.
Griz!

Yes I did. It came with the stock handle and screws. Fit perfectly

Strange yours came with one that was wrong :/ Glad you are crafty and made it work

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I love my NewAire. Got drawers from Forrest, worth the wait. I used electrical tape to seal the drip hole, 2 lbs of HF 65% RH beads in nylon pantyhose. Temps are starting to rise here in NC and will have to plug it in eventually. However, over the winter it stayed at 59-62 degrees even with the house closer to 68ish. I'm smoking a 2 year old Padron '26 Maduro that is freaking perfect. I'm a lil jealous about this scratch and dent stuff as it didn't exist when I ordered mine. I may be building another soon though. The old adage that you should buy twice the size you think you should have is totally true.

Preston

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scratch and dent is a killer deal but feel knowing my luck I'll get a really damaged unit . And my OCD knowing its visible will kill me hahaha

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Damn that is just such a sick deal. I want to grab it but I'm damn far from filling the cabinet up I have now. Plus the fiancee would be PISSED. She's been cool with the cabinet and desktops and orders so far but shes made it clear that she does have a breaking point and that most likely would be it. Might be better not to risk it...for now. I'll just wait til we get married first and maybe have a kid or 2. I won't be able to get laid then anyway so I won't give a shit if she's pissed or not.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bought a plastic jar of activated carbon from petsmart in the aquarium section and spread about 2/3 inch of it inside a large open tupperware container. Took all the shelves out except one and the tupperware is sitting on the shelf right now while the unit is running set at 65. First 2 days running it and still had a plastic/machine smell inside but as of today I can tell its on its way out! Hopefully a few more days and I should be good to go. To be honest I could probably get away with the scent in there now with all the cedar boxes and stuff that will go in, but im pretty OCD and I figured there is no reason to rush it...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Today was bittersweet....

Threw most of my other than NC collection into the wineador with the KL and my xikar hygrometer. It looks great running with the blue light but at the same time I looked at my cooler and its still half full...

So I am very bad at estimating how much things hold and it looks like I will have to setup another one soon. I think as soon as the newair 280e comes up again on scratch and dent I am gonna jump on it