What's new

Wineador Questions

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Is there any reason not to use a Hydra or Cigar Oasis unit for humidification in my Edgestar 28 bottle?

Seems like a perfect set up since they have a built in fan and you can add more if needed. Seems like a win win instead of going with fans alone and timers and what not.

I'm don't plan on using the ETC temp controller unit either. On warm it sits at 62* and it is only 66* in my house. I imagine when it is 80* in the house the wineadore on warm will be in the mid to upper 60's - I guess I’ll find out.

Is any of this a bad idea?

Opinions?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The only disadvantage I see with just a Hydra unit in a fairly well sealed apparatus like a Wineador is that your humidification is only one way. Maybe add some Heartfelt beads to absorb any humidity spikes and you should be good to go.

I agree that the ETC is only necessary if your unit and temps get above the low 70s.

Let us know how your setup works out.

Regards,
Randy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use a Eurocave wine unit in the store (SWAM) and have an Oasis unit that feeds up to about 75cu ft. I have the humidifier unit because it is being opened and closed quite a lot during the day but if I had a choice beads would be what I would rather use. The ambient temperature in the store is set at 68 (for the wines) and the reading I get from my hydrometer in the Eurocave is 70 so like you I dont worry too much about temperatures. The unit that you have is small (maybe 2.5sq feet?) and has an airtight seal so beads would be better.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
That's overkill and takes up room. Just use beads and be happy. After awhile of using beads in my wine fridges, I didn't even care about looking at the hygrometers. The beads were set and forget for me, just spray the beads with distilled water every 2-3 months and I was good.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Your most likely going to oversaturate your humi with a active unit. They're to tight and hold to much moisture. I spray all 3 of mine prob 3x a year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me temp wise, you are going to have the same problems as me. Mine sits at 71-73 when it's 75+ outside. If it's plugged in, sits at 62. I'm looking into to getting an EDC. I use beads. Saves money in the long run.