What's new

Wineador - top level humidity issues. Everywhere else - fine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's the basic idea. Obviously, I cannot see your cooler, so conditions on the ground may require alternative engineering, but the basic idea is to have the fans working together and not working against each other.

I suggested blowing down in the back of the cooler and up in the front, but you can switch this around depending on where you can easily mount your fans. Duct work could help if the fans alone cannot push enough air.
That may be difficult to direct air down the back. Ducting I think would be the only way.
Here's an album of pictures: https://imgur.com/a/FMgTF

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
The story up until that point above was the humidity was holding ok I wasn't pleased and I basically stopped caring. It was winter and the humidity was in the acceptable range for me (62 - 68). Temperature was fine due to an external temperature controller.

Along comes summer and the unit cools a lot more often, and with just beads (because the oasis is crap) humidity was dropping into the 50's. Fans running, beads everywhere, Bovedas also there.
I removed some Boveda's and beads, and it helped a little...

I had some 7L Sistema's for storage reasons and I also had 3 SC shelves that you buy for about $15. I see people using these as tupperdors. As they have a nice seal around it I had the bright idea of shoving in the SC shelves, put beads in and shove it in the cooler.
it worked! Humidity has been fine, I've been looking at it regularly, the temperature is great, the humidity is rock solid at 65 - 67% RH.

I totally gave up trying to make a TE Cooler humidor work. So as I grow my selection, more Tupperware will follow. The wire shelves will go in the cooler, and Tupperware will sit on it.
This is due to summer making the cooler run more often, and Australia's electricity costs too high to make running an air conditioner 24/7 un-economical unless you're super rich. Electricity prices for us is at least $10/day without the air conditioner running.

I really would have liked to have gotten the wine cooler working without having to get Tupperware in it. But my skills are limited to hot glue, wooden dowels, and Velcro.
But I can't. Tupperware works, and the cooler works. Humidity and temperature absolutely fine. Hasa diga eebowai.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hello all, from my experience I would say 2 fans are plenty for circulating air. Also if you dont have many cigars at the moment. Go to your local cigar shop and buy a few empty boxes or sometimes shops keep the cedar blocks from boxes. Get some of them. Either way use the empty boxes and cedar blocks to fill your humidor up. Then balance your humidity with a full humidor. You will find out that the whole system requires less beads and less fans to maintain proper humidty.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, from my experience I would say 2 fans are plenty for circulating air. Also if you dont have many cigars at the moment. Go to your local cigar shop and buy a few empty boxes or sometimes shops keep the cedar blocks from boxes. Get some of them. Either way use the empty boxes and cedar blocks to fill your humidor up. Then balance your humidity with a full humidor. You will find out that the whole system requires less beads and less fans to maintain proper humidty.
Plain packaging. Our cigar boxes are cardboard. So no cedar at all. Even tubes don't contain cedar any more AFAIK.
Tupperware works fine.

Oh and for a standard box of cigars costing >$600 AUD locally, I can't exactly afford to fill it up quickly.
I will import, but again - very expensive. I'll add to it gradually.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still using beads and Boveda take the beads out. Using the two will tend to conflict. Beads do not supply as even humidity control as Boveda. When you wet beads they tend to be spikey. If you use a sensor like SensorPush or the Boveda Butler you will see that beads graph out spike patterns. It almost looks like a switch is tired on and off. Boveda graphed almost in a flat line once the environment reaches equalibtium. Meaning the air, cigars and any wood have absorbed or released water to maintain the RH level at a more constant level. Also, use the 320 gram Boveda packs. They last longer between regeneration. Also, put in more than you need because they can’t over humidity, at lease not over a couple percent. When there is too much moisture in the air, they will take it out unless the pack can’t absorb any more moisture. Another reason to use more packs than what you need.

I agree with the advice to get more stuff in the humidor. The wood and cigars help maintain equilibrium.