What's new

Wineador trays: Shallow, deep or shelves?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those look awesome. I don't have any drawers/shelves, yet, but it seems like the single size drawers are just too much wasted space. Now if space is unlimited...singles would be awesome! Would be nice to have all cigars single stacked, but just doesnt seem possible in 28 bottle wine coolers. I feel like I would fill them up way too fast.

Do you do any exotic wood face fronts, similar to our other friend that makes these?

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Wow, those look awesome. I don't have any drawers/shelves, yet, but it seems like the single size drawers are just too much wasted space. Now if space is unlimited...singles would be awesome! Would be nice to have all cigars single stacked, but just doesnt seem possible in 28 bottle wine coolers. I feel like I would fill them up way too fast.

Do you do any exotic wood face fronts, similar to our other friend that makes these?
I have access to a variety of hardwood for face materials. In fact, just last week I worked out a deal with my supplier, so yes, there are options available.

I'm headed in to measure out my Haier fridge and see just what I can do on it after all these great responses.

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Wow, those look great! Is the top piece actually a cover or is that a shelf just sitting on top?
Thanks. That's a shelf I just popped on top for the picture. Then they all got individually shrink wrapped, then bubble wrap, boxed with peanuts and off to FedEx.

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
So here's what I've got to work with. I can use the bottom for box storage. It's not as deep as there's a compressor unit back there. I can get 7 double depth drawers in there. I'll probably put a little something in the bottom so the boxes don't just sit on the plastic.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Looks like mine from the pictures. Does it have the three buttons on top to either manually adjust temperature (up to 65 degrees) or for Red/White settings?

Wow, 7 drawers. Yikes. When you are talking "doubles" I assume that means that generally speaking they hold two cigars deep (top to bottom)?

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Actually, the "double" refers to the number of slots used. You get around a 3" drawer when you use 2 slots and that yields approximately 2 5/8" depth inside the drawer. you can easily get 3 stacks of toro cigars in that space.

That's where the waste comes in with single space drawers. You only get 1 layer in them with wasted space above the cigar, by using 2 slots you get that little extra back and can put 3 layers in them.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Never had someone request a single drawer when i have set guys up in the past, and I personally prefer getting more out of my space.

You can check out my blog for some old and crusty images of my setup. You do great work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replaced 4 single drawers with 4 double drawers and gained almost double the storage space.

Thanks Forest.

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Well, I got sidetracked building a set of Lacewood drawers for a BOTL so mine aren't even in the works yet. however, I DO know what I'll be doing now since the Lacewood build was for the same type of cooler I have.

After putting in 3 double depth and a shelf (BOTL order) in mine and discussing with my lovely Wife, we'll be doing the 6 double Draws, 1 shelf on top and 1 shelf for the bottom area.

Here's a shot of the 3 installed (temporarily) Solid bottom with glass tops: