What's new

Wineador update (it's almost ready for cigars)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you saw my other thread, here's the final update and build.

Scored a NewAir scratch and dent 281 for $160 with shipping.

Ordered the 5 drawer 1 shelf set from Forrest. Took 7 weeks to get, and the false front got missed in the original package. Had it 2 days later. They've been seasoning all week. I did not order them vented, I figured I have a drill and associated bits. Saved some money. Final tally for the drawers $155. Put some 5/8 holes in the back 1/2 in the sides.

Scored some huge fans (see attached pics, there's one with a caliber IV hygrometer for size comparison), a timer, and sealed the drain plug.

Also got the Ambient Weather ws-3000 with 5 sensors. I can add three more. Got it for under $100 from Amazon. Prior to having the drawers in, I put my singles in empty (seasoned) boxes with 2lbs of Heartfelt beads and let it run. These sensors are awesome, and pretty accurate. Gonna give it a few more days, maybe a week with the sponges and distilled water, toss my beads in and let it stabilize.

Then it's time to fill it up. Got my sticks in a cooler for safekeeping now.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Empty storage?
The same fans I have. I have one inside and another mounted atop the vents above the cooling unit on the outside. It seems to help it cool with less effort during the warm months I actually have it running.
Set up looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Empty storage?
The same fans I have. I have one inside and another mounted atop the vents above the cooling unit on the outside. It seems to help it cool with less effort during the warm months I actually have it running.
Set up looks great.

Thanks. I don't have near enough cigars to fill it up. I overshot my current inventory by a LONGSHOT. Definitely have room to go. Especially since I'm blending and rolling my own cigars now. It'll get filled up eventually.

Im just glad I can start ordering boxes and get some long term aging started.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you get the speed controller with the fans?

Yup. Still trying to figure out the right speed, and I want a better timer. The one I have only has 8 cycles. It's set to run for 5 mins every 4 hours. Any suggestions?

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
If you saw my other thread, here's the final update and build.

Scored a NewAir scratch and dent 281 for $160 with shipping.

Ordered the 5 drawer 1 shelf set from Forrest. Took 7 weeks to get, and the false front got missed in the original package. Had it 2 days later. They've been seasoning all week. I did not order them vented, I figured I have a drill and associated bits. Saved some money. Final tally for the drawers $155. Put some 5/8 holes in the back 1/2 in the sides.

Scored some huge fans (see attached pics, there's one with a caliber IV hygrometer for size comparison), a timer, and sealed the drain plug.

Also got the Ambient Weather ws-3000 with 5 sensors. I can add three more. Got it for under $100 from Amazon. Prior to having the drawers in, I put my singles in empty (seasoned) boxes with 2lbs of Heartfelt beads and let it run. These sensors are awesome, and pretty accurate. Gonna give it a few more days, maybe a week with the sponges and distilled water, toss my beads in and let it stabilize.

Then it's time to fill it up. Got my sticks in a cooler for safekeeping now.
Empty storage?
Set up looks great.

Nice setup!
@Sp33d3rific @mpomario Got any links for these fans and speed controller?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yup. Still trying to figure out the right speed, and I want a better timer. The one I have only has 8 cycles. It's set to run for 5 mins every 4 hours. Any suggestions?
Sorry. I don’t run a timer. Just turn the speed up and down depending on RH distribution.
Here’s the link to the fans on amazon.
Coolerguys Dual Blower Fan Component Cooler with Manual Speed Control (Lite) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K3DM2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JY6LBb2Z5JH6Z

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that hygrometer setup looks awesome. might be time for me to upgrade...
I like it. I really like that I can add 3 more sensors. With a firmware update it'll read all 8. I'll just lose the graph. I can connect it to my computer and see the humidity/temp/dew point trends for as long as I want (based on size of SD card).

Got one in each drawer. If I ever fill the wineador up, I'll get some more sensors and toss them in coolers for overflow.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last and final update on the build, it's officially done.

Made the dividers today. It's been between 65-67% rh. Close enough for me. Dropped the cigars in today. I may have ordered too much wood for the dividers. I have more for when I decide to reorganize the drawers as inventory changes throughout the years.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice work! Wish I could be so organized.
It's nowhere near as organized as I want it to be, the organization is going to be a work in progress for a while. Most of what I have are 5ers. There is a large amount of Diesel in there from a 35 cigar Sampler I bought. I took advantage of some killer 5er deals on the cbid. The rest is singles I've picked up at shops when I get a chance to go. The large box on the top shelf is just an box to keep my Camacho PEs in. The smaller is the 2018 Las Calaveras Sampler. Few sticks here and there that are special, resting in anticipation to smoke, and some stuff I have yet to try.

Right now the bottom 2 drawers are reserved for my homerolls. I'm looking forward to filling it up now.