What's new

Winedor Question - Cigars in Boxes

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need some opinions:

My winedor stays at a constant 68% which is where I like it.

My question is to whether I should keep my cigars in the boxes they come in and with the boxes closed?

That is how a lot of them are right now.

Will this be an issue?

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thats how a few boxes of mine are in my winedor. Haven't had a problem yet out of them.
If they are good SC boxes the SC will help regulate the RH in the humidor and in the smokes.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I have some trays with sticks in them and some sticks are still in the boxes. I crack the lid on some boxes and also "burp" the other boxes once a month or so. I have had not problems with anything to date.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Rule of thumb: if humidity can escape, it can enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Agreeing with whats been said thus far, they'll be fine if your cigars are left in the boxes. Truth be told, I've seen people buy used cigar boxes to keep their cigars in with quite a bit of regularity.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
No worries using boxes. Just like others have said... they are wood... humidity will flow through them...albeit slowly. They may take time to acclimate to the environment, but they will.

Keeping your sticks in properly stored boxes will help protect them from humidity spiking that can occur inside several of the smaller wineadors.