What's new

Winedor RH

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as my last post stated I have been seasoning my new winedor. I had the RH settled out at 73% as per cigar oasis. I put my digital ink Byrd hygromerter in there and it said 80%. I opened the door and let the % drop I got it down to 75% as per the ink Byrd and added about 30 cheap cheap sticks that I know have been steady at 66% in hopes they would help steady put the RH. I'm going to let it sit over night and hopefully my tomorrow I can transfer over another 30 sticks but these will be some of my decent ones. Any thoughts on what's going on? Why the RH is so high. The cigar oasis is set at 68%.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What is the ambient humidity in the environment around your wino? That cigar oasis can only add humidity, so if you over shot it with wiping down and stuff it might need to actually dry out some. I think this is why you see a lot of guys using a 2 way media like heartfelt beads or bovedas because they can absorb the ambient humidity if it gets too high or it can add if low.

Also, you can continue with other questions in your other post too, you dont have to start a new thread everytime. Just words from a newer guy to a newerer guy lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the ambient humidity in the environment around your wino? That cigar oasis can only add humidity, so if you over shot it with wiping down and stuff it might need to actually dry out some. I think this is why you see a lot of guys using a 2 way media like heartfelt beads or bovedas because they can absorb the ambient humidity if it gets too high or it can add if low.

Also, you can continue with other questions in your other post too, you dont have to start a new thread everytime. Just words from a newer guy to a newerer guy lol.
Haha ok good point. I think that may be it I may have over shot the humidity. If I have a bunch of 69% boveda packs that are dry can I throw them in there to take out some of the humidity?

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
You guys are way overthinking the wino situation. The fuller the wino the more steady the RH. This was Ara's area of expertise but I'll try to make it simple. Take all humidity devises out of the wino. Put in allot of cigars. Put in 8-10 65% bovedas. Forget about humidity. Enjoy cigars
:cigar::cigar::cigar:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are way overthinking the wino situation. The fuller the wino the more steadt the RH. This was Ara's area of expertise but I'll try to make it simple. Take all humidity devises or of the wino. Put in allot of cigars. Put in 8-10 65% bovedas. Forget about humidity. Enjoy cigars
:cigar::cigar::cigar:
So I messed up haha. Since I'm at about 80% now should I just load it up with cigars as you said or should I wait till the RH drops and levels out? Dont want to put my cigars in there and have them get to moist and risk mold

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
So I messed up haha. Since I'm at about 80% now should I just load it up with cigars as you said or should I wait till the RH drops and levels out? Dont want to put my cigars in there and have them get to moist and risk mold

Yes. I've left cigars in my 3 finger travel case for like 3 days and they were perfect. Don't stress over the RH.