What's new

Wino Humidity Observation

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
have you made any changes? Loaded cigars, started running the AC in the house, pooling or draining water in the Newair etc. I'd say two months is about when it should stabilize unless you make changes. Remember you are not dealing with a closed system like detailed in the charts.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the opposite, Rh keeps going up to 72-73 and Temp is at 68 deg. I have two lrge Bovida packs 320mg. 69 RH inside my newair cc100. Any odea what could be happening?
My guess is that the Bovida packs are too small and you're getting some condensation in the Newair. Is there any dampness on the bottom?
I don't use Bodida packs so I don't know how much you need for that volume. I use kitty litter and I have a large tray of it in my winador.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acnis on
have you made any changes? Loaded cigars, started running the AC in the house, pooling or draining water in the Newair etc. I'd say two months is about when it should stabilize unless you make changes. Remember you are not dealing with a closed system like detailed in the charts.
Ac is on in the house around 69deg. I tried unplugging it for a day and the humidity stayed atound the same 71-72. Sometimes as high as 73.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
69% Bovedas with a 2% variance (assumed) could give you 71. You know if you trust your hygrometer you can always pick up some lower RH Bovedas (65) to bring the RH down when this happens. You may need the 69 during the winter when ambient humidity is lower and the 65s when humidity is naturally higher in the house

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to try that. I have 69 in there now 2 large boveda packs and the hydrometer reads 71-72. I will order some 65 packs to see if it says stable at 69.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think that's a good idea as long as you are confident in your hydro and don't want to start ripping everything apart and making a big fuss.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If it was me I would add 2-3# of dry kitty litter and see how it reacts and adjust as needed. KL is very easy to dial in, easy to maintain and very cheap.