What's new

Winslow Crown Freehand

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I just ordered one...

Oh man it's gorgeous... I will post a pic when I get it.

Anybody have any experience with these?

I found this to be a good price (relatively) and a beautifull piece that just 'called' to me..! (Plus I've been eyeballing some tins for weeks now).

I'm still kind of new, so I'm looking for some reinforcement here guys...

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Cracked open the tin of C&D Habana Daydreams #420.

Strong stuff - I see why they say it's a good blend for cigar smokers! The pipe had a great first run - smokes very cool. It's a bit strange getting over holding it when I'm used to a more traditional, straight stem, smaller bowl, smooth rim pipe... but I just love the aroma & playing with it and looking at it while smoking it... Sounds strange, but it's kinda like focusing all your attention on an extra nice cigar - admiring the aesthetic qualities as well as all the aromas...

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nice pipe bro. Looks like you are on your way as a pipe man. Great tobacco selection too.

How did those pipe I sent you smoke? Did you lie the tocacco's?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I have not tried the 'Prairie Wind' yet - all the rest have been very good, especially the Queen Anne's Revenge! That's not available anymore, but it's basically a Navy Flake with some jamaican rum, right? I've found a few other blends that are supposedly similar...

I really like how your Dad's pipes smoke, though because of the thinner walls they tend to get a bit hot at times - but that can be a good thing: early warning to not smoke to fast... The small one lasts about 1/2-3/4 of an hour and the biggest will last up to 2 hours (and more if I let it).

I'm already plotting the next one,but this time I won't be telling the wife. She asks too many questions like:
"How much did that cost?" & "Since you got that, can't I go get some new shoes?"