What's new

Wipe it down or no?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just got a new humidor (my 3rd), and the instructions expressly say DO NOT wipe it down with distilled water. I did wipe down my first 2 with no incident, but these instructions say it can warp or damage the wood.

Any advice?

-tim:roundtheh

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It can damage it, probably won't though. Why bother wiping? Unless you are in a hurry just put a few bowls of water in and your beads or other humidifier and what for it to come up to 80% for a day or so, then pull the bowls of water and it should come down to 65 or 70, wherever you want it. I have never damaged a humi by wiping, but still would not recomend it...

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It can damage it, probably won't though. Why bother wiping? Unless you are in a hurry just put a few bowls of water in and your beads or other humidifier and what for it to come up to 80% for a day or so, then pull the bowls of water and it should come down to 65 or 70, wherever you want it. I have never damaged a humi by wiping, but still would not recomend it...
I hope u are talking distilled water.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Don't wipe, you may get the "wood" too wet. Just put a cup or bowl of distilled water in it and leave for a couple of days.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Beads!!!!Beads!!!!!!!
Beads!!!!Beads!!!!!!!
Beads!!!!Beads!!!!!!!
Beads!!!!Beads!!!!!!!
Beads!!!!Beads!!!!!!!
Beads!!!!Beads!!!!!!!

Oh yeah and don't wipe down the humi

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've wiped down every humidor I've ever purchased, with the exception of the cabinet I bought from Bob Stabell. Never had an issue. I also heat a bowl of distilled water in the micro wave and put in the humi. I am also a big fan of the beads.

Mark