What's new

Wireless hygrometers?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi BOTL/SOTL,

I'd like to know what everyone uses for wireless monitoring of their storage. Specifically with the option of showing historical data
So far from what I have read is the Sensorpush is basically the king, with the Govee units a cheaper alternative. Xiaomi apparently use the same sensors as the Govee or Sensorpush - but I'd be hesitant to buy a bunch of those if they turn out to be duds.

As I am in Australia pricing will be from Amazon (listed). Unfortunately, me being in Australia means there is a nice tax on it because Australia.

The options I have:
  1. Sensorpush. $83 each.
  2. Govee. $19 each.
  3. Inkbird. $22, or $44 depending on the unit.
  4. Maybe something from Alibaba/Aliexpress?
  5. Xiaomi?
  6. Anything else?
Ideally, the unit would be under $100 for each sensor and be accurate to ±3, or less.

I'm receiving a Raching MON1800A (basically a cigar cooler with humidifying) and would like some decent hygrometers to monitor and have the ability to do graphs.
So before I go ahead and buy 5 of anything, I'd like to know.
I've currently bought 3 different units, but anyone recommendations from experience would be great.

Thanks!

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested in others experience with these also

Im in the market for a new hydrometer for a humidor project I have started

Because they suck so bad that even Boveda decided to pull the plug on them?
I have one too, for the record. I regret buying it.
Thanks for this,I was looking at these a while ago.didnt know they had discontinued them.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I have been using the Sensor push units for several years now and have been VERY happy with them.

I have also heard from others though that are very satisfied with their Govee sensors. Given the cost difference between the two options for you, I would probably choose the Govee if I were in your shoes.

Last edited:

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I have two Govee's in my fridge and safe so far I am pleased considering I bought them on a whim. When on the same network as they are I am able to monitor everything from the app on my phone. I can see data by the hour, day, week, month and year. Going off other options I have used in the past these seem like they will work just as good if not better.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use 1 govee for each of my wineadors for 2 or 3 years now and they have been solid. I have used a calibration kit twice and have not needed to modify the settings beyond the initial calibration when they were new.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Govee's in my fridge and safe so far I am pleased considering I bought them on a whim. When on the same network as they are I am able to monitor everything from the app on my phone. I can see data by the hour, day, week, month and year. Going off other options I have used in the past these seem like they will work just as good if not better.
Which model do you have?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the H5072, I bought them from Amazon when they had a sale.
I bought the H5074 but when trying to calibrate it with the Boveda calibration kit I can't set the RH above 65.3% or the temp below 74.4 degrees. I guess it is going back.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I've done:
Bought 5 Govee's.
Bought 2 different Inkbirds.
Bought 1 Sensorpush.

Initial thoughts:
The Inkbirds are always off a bit, even after calibration. Requiring constant fiddling.
The Govee's are solid. The only problem I foresee is replacing the battery. Since the ones I have are so tiny they might be easy to break.

The Sensorpush hasn't arrived yet.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I bought the H5074 but when trying to calibrate it with the Boveda calibration kit I can't set the RH above 65.3% or the temp below 74.4 degrees. I guess it is going back.
Inside of the settings I was able to change mine low 60.9 and max 71.6 The attached picture is not of my actual govee.

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inside of the settings I was able to change mine low 60.9 and max 71.6 The attached picture is not of my actual govee.
Yep, That's where I am trying to set it but I can only set it as stated in my earlier post. I have contacted support about it as well and they have been less than helpful.

I did go ahead and place the device in my Wineador so we will see if I change my mind.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi BOTL/SOTL,

I'd like to know what everyone uses for wireless monitoring of their storage. Specifically with the option of showing historical data
So far from what I have read is the Sensorpush is basically the king, with the Govee units a cheaper alternative. Xiaomi apparently use the same sensors as the Govee or Sensorpush - but I'd be hesitant to buy a bunch of those if they turn out to be duds.

As I am in Australia pricing will be from Amazon (listed). Unfortunately, me being in Australia means there is a nice tax on it because Australia.

The options I have:
  1. Sensorpush. $83 each.
  2. Govee. $19 each.
  3. Inkbird. $22, or $44 depending on the unit.
  4. Maybe something from Alibaba/Aliexpress?
  5. Xiaomi?
  6. Anything else?
Ideally, the unit would be under $100 for each sensor and be accurate to ±3, or less.

I'm receiving a Raching MON1800A (basically a cigar cooler with humidifying) and would like some decent hygrometers to monitor and have the ability to do graphs.
So before I go ahead and buy 5 of anything, I'd like to know.
I've currently bought 3 different units, but anyone recommendations from experience would be great.

Thanks!
I grabbed Govee hygrometers from Amazon. It was $24 for the pair. Calibrated with a Boveda calibration kit they were super close. I calibrated them using the app and they have performed well over the last week.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I grabbed Govee hygrometers from Amazon. It was $24 for the pair. Calibrated with a Boveda calibration kit they were super close. I calibrated them using the app and they have performed well over the last week.
+2 for govee I got 2 of them both were 1-2% off, calibrated them and they are awesome would definitely recommend.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to think something is off with my Govee. I have had my cigars in a ziplock with multiple 69% Bovedas for months. Yesterday I took them out of the ziplock and placed them in an airtight container with the Govee and additional Bovedas. For the remainder of the day the Govee sat at around 75%. This morning it is at 79%. It seems that no matter what I do I cannot get a consistent reading from this device.