What's new

Wisconsin will make me fat

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Spent 5 days there and gained 5 pounds. The beer, cheese, butterburger, and brat diet is the ultimate way to let your taste buds be in heaven. Culver's > McD's hands down! What other great glutinous fast food joints do we have hidden around the country?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Spent 5 days there and gained 5 pounds. The beer, cheese, butterburger, and brat diet is the ultimate way to let your taste buds be in heaven. Culver's > McD's hands down! What other great glutinous fast food joints do we have hidden around the country?
you need to start hitting the local dining establishments not the chains like Culvers (although their butter burger is good). I don't know where you were in WI - but I know Madison, a few years ago, had more restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the US. Like you said just about any local food will make you put on weight.

and for beer - I think WI has enough small micro breweries than quite a few other places. I have my refrigerator with only beer from WI and I always have 10 or more different brands.

give me a shout next time you are in WI I take you out for some good WI food not just chains.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Nick you would have to eat like that everyday for 6 months to even get started on being fat dude. Oh to be young with that kind of metabolism again.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah I'm from Green Bay and every time we go back to visit we eat and eat and eat. WI has the best cheese curds and food. I miss home!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
you need to start hitting the local dining establishments not the chains like Culvers (although their butter burger is good). I don't know where you were in WI - but I know Madison, a few years ago, had more restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the US. Like you said just about any local food will make you put on weight.

and for beer - I think WI has enough small micro breweries than quite a few other places. I have my refrigerator with only beer from WI and I always have 10 or more different brands.

give me a shout next time you are in WI I take you out for some good WI food not just chains.
I stayed in Janesville with all my family but traveled around. I mainly ate at the small family places, that was just a more known restaurant so I listed it. We also had to order pizza from 3 different nights from Mom & Pop shops, there is just something about Wisconsin mozzarella that cant be beat. I wish I had time to visit some breweries, I drank tons of New Glarus while I was there.

Yeah I'm from Green Bay and every time we go back to visit we eat and eat and eat. WI has the best cheese curds and food. I miss home!
One of the nice perks about visiting is bringing those scrumptious little cheese curds home with you.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Culvers is awesome, I would like to go back just to hit that place up again.
Aside from In-N-Out, Culver's is probably the best burger fast food out there. On a trip to Milwaukee this week I discovered what a REAL butter burger is at Solly's Grille

As you're viewing this video, just remember that it's NOT mayonnaise they're putting on that bun!

[video=youtube;Cnm4CE2EgHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cnm4CE2EgHk[/video]

Here's a shot of the Bacon Cheeseburger that I ate. (Notice the butter drips on the counter in front of the plate?)

Here a shot of the back where you can really see the melted butter on the plate.

Sure am glad I already had my cholesterol tested 2 weeks ago, before my trip to Milwaukee!

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from 5 weeks in Wisconsin. Gained 5 lbs and brought back a couple of cases of Leinenkugel light beer. My favorite light beer and impossible to get in St. Louis.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Damn. I feel like I've been robbed, I've never even heard of Solly's.
Next time I'm home, definitely stopping there.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Damn. I feel like I've been robbed, I've never even heard of Solly's.
Next time I'm home, definitely stopping there.
It was awesome Alex. You won't be disappointed. Their Malts are excellent also. I got the banana one and onion rings.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using that Tapatalk thingy