What's new

Wish me luck today.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Chicagoland Speedway Joliet IL 0800-2100 hrs. Its the longest weekend of the year for all the police and fire involved. Looks like a little rain today, will see. This is also the first year of Thur, Fri, Sat Night race. Should be only 40,000 or less today.Will be able to handle alot easier then the 100,000 on Sat. Then as a reward I get to work 24 on Saturday, my reg shift. I'm off to the races no pun intended!
Justin

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
hang in there. got to go to that race three or four years ago. stayed in chicago and took the train to joliet. dropped you off there, got picked up by a bus and dropped at the front gate of chicagoland. couldn't have been eaiser. except for stopping every 10 frickin minutes from chicago to joliet.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Hope it all worked out. I remember working security one summer up at Watkins Glen. Add alcohol to idiots and all kinds of crazy things happen! Not to mention the action on the track!!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
One of the quitest years with cool temps and a night race. Still alot of drunks. No I will not marry you. And no this ambulance does not give rides back to the rv campgrounds. Also line of the year for me. "Dude my leg is broke." "No its a bruise." Dude I'm telling ya I cant walk"."I'm pretty sure I'm a paramedic and I think during my classes they tought me that walking is good for you"."Something about the circulatory system" "Man I can tell you were never a alter boy". "No but I was a boyscout and we walked every where back then too"! Have a good time walking!(as the ambulance pulled away.