What's new

Wishlist - Rums / Bourbons

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My favourite rum is the Havana club Barrel proof
What a coincidence....I just had another brother who lives in Japan send me a bottle of this stuff.....and man was it ever good.

Tough call though picking my favorite though, as I'm a pretty big advocate for Ron Zacapa 23....but if "spice" is a pre-requisite to enjoying rum (think smooth, yet with oomph...kinda like familiarizing yourself with DPG's line of smokes), that Barrel proof is pretty amazing.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Premium then my everyday. . .
Rum
El Dorado 25 year old from Guyana
Bicardi 151

Bourbon
Woodford Reserve Seasoned Oak Finish Master's Collection Bourbon
Woodford Reserve (standard)

Tequila
Sauza Triada
Sauza Gold

Scotch
Johnnie Walker Black
Johnnie Walker Black

Vodka
Svedka
Svedka

Irish Whiskey
Black Bush
Michael Collins

cholmes8310

LFD/JDN whore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not a rum drinker, so here's a couple more bourbons to make up for my lack of rum knowledge.

Cheap(er) bourbon - Eagle Rare 10yo (same distillery as Buffalo Trace). My favorite, hands down. Also Bulleit is very good, and Buffalo Trace of course. Also, the Knob Creek small batch collection: Basil Hayden's, Baker's, and Booker's.

Expensive bourbon - Eagle Rare 17yo ($65 a bottle or so, average), Parker Heritage ($250 i think?)

One I want to try above all others- George T. Stagg. Limited release from Buffalo Trace distillery every year in fall. I think it's limited to around 1000 bottles? Runs about $80 bucks. Unfiltered and uncut. Average proof has been around 140. It's been called "best American Bourbon" by many publications.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
My two standby's for Bourbon are Knob Creek and George T. Stagg. I tend to prefer the "bite" of rye based Bourbons, but I also love Van Winkle 12yr -Lot B and William Larue Weller (neither is cheap, but Lot B is a value at ~$40) on the Wheat side. Unfortunately, I have neither of the last two in the stash right now. Think I need to fix that. :)

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my go-to rum is Gosling's Black Seal (sooooo tasty. yum!) my go-to bourbons are Knob Creek and Maker's Mark. all affordable, all delicious.

as far as more expensive varieties... i'm not as educated as others here in that regard. but this thread rocks for info! :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Affordable and very good rum, or ron: Ron Zacapa and Zaya. Zaya reminds me more of a cognac, sweeter and more of a vanilla taste. Zacapa is a straight up smooth rum. Zafra is a new to market rum from Panama, very smooth, similar to Zacapa, Funny how all the really good stuff starts with a Z. Zacapa pairs well with any Fuente Anejo. I really like Zaya with the Padron 1964 or a J-21. Just my two cents...