What's new

Women in the Smoking Lounge

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
So I was going through my e-mail this morning and in the e-mail I got from Cigar Advisor there was an interview with Damsell Clarice who is Editor-in-Chief of Lit Lifestyle Magazine. The article was so so, but one question caught my interest...

What do you think is the biggest misconception men have about women cigar smokers?

Damsell Clarice: I can't answer that. I have no idea. That's a very good question though. You'll have to ask the men.
I found it a little funny that they were doing this article on how women are perceived in the smoking lounge and so they interview a woman. Then that women gives no input when they finally get worked up to the question they're after. At any rate, what do you guys think about women in the smoking lounge??

Personally, I'm cool with it as long as they're there for the same reason I am...which I have no doubts they are.

If you're interested in reading the article, you can here.

Dan

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I feel like it would be weird. Like women playing video games, or knowing too much about football. Just weird. Maybe im weird.....hmmmm.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I don't see what difference it makes. The shop in Va beach I go to has a woman that works there, she is knowledgeable, nice, and funny which works for me. It's not an every day occurrence that I see women in the lounge but several are there and know their stuff.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I don't see what difference it makes. The shop in Va beach I go to has a woman that works there, she is knowledgeable, nice, and funny which works for me. It's not an every day occurrence that I see women in the lounge but several are there and know their stuff.
Yes I love the fact my wife will smoke with me. Even if they are DE/RP java mints.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
shame there are not MORE cigar-smoking chicks. with the camaraderie of sharing a cigar, you get rich and poor, young and old, and every ethnicity and regionality, coming together on equal footing.

and, @JLB, after a post work smoke, my evening with my wife was good indian take out and blowing up dudes on the PS3. trust me, if it is shared, and not forced, ladies hanging out like one of the boys is cool as hell!

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
shame there are not MORE cigar-smoking chicks. with the camaraderie of sharing a cigar, you get rich and poor, young and old, and every ethnicity and regionality, coming together on equal footing.

and, @JLB, after a post work smoke, my evening with my wife was good indian take out and blowing up dudes on the PS3. trust me, if it is shared, and not forced, ladies hanging out like one of the boys is cool as hell!

You're probably right java. My wife is thoroughly unimpressed with cigars or video games tho. Which is fine. And to be fair, I dont really have a real B&M around here that isnt filled mostly with hookahs. So rarely do I go into one. i wasnt trying to judge. Haha, hopefully I didnt offend anybody :peace:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work a cigar bar/ hookah lounge here in NH and the 21+ age limit helps, but surprisingly we have a 30-40 year old middle class demographic. I think it's as long as the guys get to enjoy their stogie and scotch they couldn't care less about the younger people and their hookahs. I wish there were more women cigar smokers for sure. Every once in a while I'll show one around the humidor who's knowledgeable, but those unfortunately are few and far inbetween

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
my dream woman is a 5'5 italian republican with some tattoos and smokes cigars. i know she is out there somewhere.
Lemme know if she has a sister, please. :grin:

I love to see women in the cigar lounge, I've even introduced a couple of them to the Love of the Leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My viewpoint may be different than some because I am on both sides - I am obviously a regular and an owner and a female - so I hit a few sides of the equation before sex comes into play.

My answer to the question asked would be that the biggest misconception I hear is that women should/do/want to smoke flavored and or very mild cigars. Over and over again I have seen women go faster than men into fuller flavor. Women often smoke alone or with friends at home as opposed to the social scene here with guys. I think that (and this was backed up by a small study I don't feel like chasing down) women smoke more because of the flavor and less for the social or comraderie overall. That and the whole "women taste wine better" argument seem to make it make sense to me.

I could keep rambling, but I'm really not furthering any impressions of females when i do

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That is actually very interesting Hot Lips. And makes sense to me. I wish more women would indulge in the leaf, but i think all things evolve and this trend will as well

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We are seeing more and more women come in and try cigars. There are plenty out there that enjoy them just not typically in a B&M environment. I have had several tell me they don't hang out in the shops because it is still such a boys club in some ways. Not to say they aren't welcome but they think it would be uncomfortable. The way I see it, the more the merrier!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Makes no difference to me whether a woman is in the lounge or not, everybody should enjoy the same pass time we all do, if the right game is on and I'm smoking the right cigar I'll forget I'm even there. But, I will admit one thing, I've had more woman tell me how bad the cigars stink than men. The guys, even if they don't smoke cigars will try to talk about them.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
my fiance will go to the lounge with me. She brings a bottle of wine and her laptop and I smoke cigars. I dont care if she doesnt smoke cigars. We're spending time together and I think its awesome she's willing to come sit in a smokey lounge just to hang out with me for a few hours.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I love to see women cigar smokers some day I hope to have one with me on her arm :)