What's new

wondering what happened to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a little while ago, a few short hours, a few ticks of the clock.........and my THIRD post seems to have been deleted. all i did was ask about another cigar forum, i got ONE bad response to it, and now i can't find it where it was. did a search on it, came up with only TWO threads with the same keyword, and neither one was mine. i sincerely hope this is not a sign of censorship on this board. it seemed like a nice haven for cigar smokers, brothers of the leaf. this slightly disheartens me. i am troubled by this. i guess the only thing that could give me hope is.......to light up another Edge.

admin......can i get an answer on this?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It's not really censorship in the sense that we are all guests here.

One unscrupolous "member" of this board ruined your thread for the rest of us.

My recommendation?

Start the same thread again and hope that individual does not ruin it again.

IMO the deletion of the thread was not a reflection of the admins perception of you as a person, rather just cleaning up someone else's mess.

FYI, I am not an admin nor a mod, that is my opinion. :thumbsup:

BTW, a PM probably would have been a better idea. :thumbsup:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Sure....

Another member came into the thread and made derogatory comments towards another site. That action never has and never will be acceptable here. Some of the worst damage to a site can be done by these sophmoric board wars that certain people feel a need to start.

Here's a novel idea...if you have a problem with the way a board is run:
1. Address the problem at the source.
or...
2. Find another board that fits your personality and expectations.

It's one thing to warn members about bad traders, experiences, etc but if people want to use BOTL to trash other boards, then they will need to look elsewhere for their cigar home...cuz it won't be BOTL.

None of this is directed towards you Flyerman.

David

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
The thread went to hell in a handbasket after your post asking about Club Stogie. The thread removal had nothing to do with your postings. PM DWavs or I if you have any more questions.

We have always welcomed members from other cigar boards during their downtime with arms wide open and will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.