What's new

Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok, so know to each his own, just like cigars. BUT, I just purchased the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon and I am loving it. I was wondering who else has had this drink and what their thoughts were.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Woodford is definitely a favorite, I always have a bottle in the liquor cabinet.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
three favorite regular production, every day bourbons: woodford, makers, and knob creek.

can't drink them, but i highly recommend all three if you are getting into bourbon. and, yes, the double oaked is tres sexy!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The double oak is pretty good as well , I bought a bottle of it at the distillery. If any of you are able to find johnny drumm or willett I recommend both of them.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Woodford is my favorite bourbon. Interested in trying the double oaked, although I heard it's actually not as good as the original. Jfire, let us know when you crack it open!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I enjoy a fine Bourbon or Rye on occasion and Woodford Reserve is good. If I could drink 15yr Pappy Van Winkle everyday I would, but will settle for Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr 107 as an every day drink. Binny's (local chain in Chicago) has a few different Knob Creek singel barrel (120pr) whiskeys that are superb. Elijiah Craig 18yr is solid for a $60 bottle. Buffalo Trace makes a good product. Very Old Barton is a great affordable and available whiskey that comes is many vinatages that are all good. The best rye whiskey for making manhattans is Rittenhouse Rye.

The perfect Manhattan....
2oz Rittenhouse Rye
1oz Carpano Antica Vermouth
1 or 2 drops of Angostura bitters
1 Luxardo cherry to top

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I need to go out and try some of these others. Prob will start with Knob Creek and Makers mark, but I am going to keep eyes open for the other Woodford Reserves because I thoroughly enjoyed the bottle (already finished it off)

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I really like the Woodford Reserve as well.

My current favorite is: Grand Traverse Distillery, Ole George Whiskey (100% rye)