What's new

Workouts, Exercises and Stretches + Pain Relief and Injury Prevention.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Lmaoooo

This is what I’m doing currently and I do sprints for cardio on Monday weds and Friday

Was basically off the gym from mid December til 2nd week of February cuz of being sick aka slowly dying but I’m back in for past 3 weeks starting to feel like a man again lmaooooooo
When do you fit in the Tan and Laundry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I started Strong Lifts 5x5 last Friday. Over did it on the squats and my gluts, quads and hamstrings were killing me until yesterday. Today I felt pretty good and scaled back my starting weights until I have my form dialed in.
great idea. I find that on occasion I scale back for a few days anyways. Add some reps and really focus on my form and squeezing at the top of the rep.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Here’s a nice article on the importance of lifting heavy weights vs high rep/ lower weight / High intensity training. Over the past few weeks I’ve scaled back my cardio and have been focusing solely on the 5 basic compound lifts with at least a full day rest between work outs, basically following Strong Lifts 5x5. Feeling good and making gains, even on a Keto/ low carb WOE. And if I’m boosting my testosterone, even better!
https://www.alexfergus.com/blog/11-reasons-why-you-need-to-lift-heavy-for-fat-loss

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Here’s a nice article on the importance of lifting heavy weights vs high rep/ lower weight / High intensity training. Over the past few weeks I’ve scaled back my cardio and have been focusing solely on the 5 basic compound lifts with at least a full day rest between work outs, basically following Strong Lifts 5x5. Feeling good and making gains, even on a Keto/ low carb WOE. And if I’m boosting my testosterone, even better!
https://www.alexfergus.com/blog/11-reasons-why-you-need-to-lift-heavy-for-fat-loss
Some good stuff in that article. I'd say I already incorporate a large portion of that into my training. I think 5 minutes between sets is a bit excessive unless your specifically powerlifting, but there's lots of good stuff. Go (pretty) heavy or go home. :D

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My advice....stay away from getting older....at 65 I have pain where nothing touches it.....so smoking more cigars is one answer for me to take my mind off it. Honestly....neutral buoyancy or sea water ( lots of salt will ease pain which I travel to the Caribbean and Amelia Island in Forida to soak in those waters...as long as I'm in the water the pain threshold goes from a scale of 9 all the way down to a 4. Yes, I stay in there long enough where I look like a human prune when I get out but that hour of less pain.....is great. I have a 3 man jacuzzi at home in the MB where I use sea salts but I'd have to use the whole bag to get the relief I get from the ocean.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I’ve been battling old age by trying to pack on as much muscle as I can before the joints give out. I’ve been doing a Linear Progression weight lifting program for about 5 months that focuses on only 5 compound lifts (Squat, Dead Lift, Bench, Over Head Press, and Barbell Row). At 56 years old I’m pretty psyched to to have Squatted 245 and DL 280 yesterday. Hoping to Squat 315 by the end of summer. There’s just something motivating about loading the bar with 6 45lb plates and squatting it 3x5 times. I used to have sporadic back pain and that’s a thing of the past

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I’ve been battling old age by trying to pack on as much muscle as I can before the joints give out. I’ve been doing a Linear Progression weight lifting program for about 5 months that focuses on only 5 compound lifts (Squat, Dead Lift, Bench, Over Head Press, and Barbell Row). At 56 years old I’m pretty psyched to to have Squatted 245 and DL 280 yesterday. Hoping to Squat 315 by the end of summer. There’s just something motivating about loading the bar with 6 45lb plates and squatting it 3x5 times. I used to have sporadic back pain and that’s a thing of the past

ISYSMF
Nice progress. I like how your using a solid sole shoe. Ever try no shoes?