What's new

Worst beer

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like beer. Perhaps some of you do, too. While I have my favorites (Harpoon IPA especially), I can enjoy quite a few different styles from different brewers.

:grin:

However, I've never been able to choke down any Coors product. At a Patriots game last year I made the mistake of giving Coors Light a chance. GAH! That stuff is vile! One swallow and I tossed it even though it cost me $7. Silver bullet indeed. One more swallow and I would've been projectile vomiting like a Howitzer.
:barf:

I've never been able to pass by a brew pub without paying a visit. A few years ago, I was in one in Burlington, VT where I ordered a smoked porter. BLECH! WTF was I thinking? Tasted like someone poured a beer in their charcoal grill and let it drain into a glass. Apparently, "Rauschbier" is an old German recipe, which just furthers my theory that Germans are whack jobs.

The fact that Corona is so popular just goes to show that most people have no taste. They think that putting a lime wedge in the bottle is some Mexican tradition. In fact, it's just there so you don't immediately realize that you just drank piss, or "el orina" as they say south of the border.

Whaddya got?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The only reason Corrona and Tecate beer are any good at all is the Lime and a teaspoon of salt in it. Otherwise the worst beer I've ever had was a

Hemp Ale don't know the name and I got it at

Taco Loco in Laguna Beach. This is an organic taco Joint complete with Tofu burgers and vegie tacos and burritos. But also some damn fine meat tacos. basicly a hippie hangout. So being a pothead myself I figured a Hemp Ale would fall right in line with my mindset at the moment. Boy was I wrong. It was painful trying to swallow it. Unlike Clint, I am also a cheap bastard and am physicaly unable to throw alcohl in the trash. So I forced my self to drink all 20oz. Then promised myself to never try a beer that was not recomended by a trusted source.

BTW HIPPIES SMELL

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Being in college, I drink a ton of cheap shit. Natty Light and Natty Ice are my go-tos for partying.
The only stuff I won't touch very much is Keystone Light and this Scottish beer that comes in a can (can't tell you the name, but would recognize the can). Yuck. Really think Corona is shit, but when you compare it to, say, PBR, it's not that bad.
Now if I'm not drinking to get trashed I'll have a Guinness or more likely a New Belgium (Skinny Dip or Sunshine usually) and would never consider any of the above!

TYLER

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm with you Clint....Rauchbier is an acquired taste but not one for me.
But The Germans put out some other great beer so I wouldn;t go as far as callign them nutjobs LOL!

One beer I couldn't stomach either was Tequiza! Yuck and guess what, no tequila in there to boot.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Smoke what you like, drink what you like. Different strokes for different folks.

I am a Coors Light fan and the wife likes it too. I like the lighter fruity flavors from it. Not a high alc. contents either, so I can drink a few of them.

One beer I can not stand is the Guiness with the fizzy tab. Also had too many skunky Heinekens to try them again. I'd pass on both of those.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst beer I've encountered: Blackened Voodoo Lager - Dixie Brewing Company.

disgusting.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i have no taste! love corona...w/ or w/o the lime!!

the only beer i've had that i just don't like is the hefenweisers. yuk. there was a blueberry beer once,,,yuk. coor lite while on the river!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm not sure it was the worst, but the most disappointing beer I ever had was Michelob Black and Tan. Now I love me a Black and Tan and a Half and Half, but this beer tasted nothing like either. I can count on one hand the number of beers I've not finished ... this was one.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I just thought of another one, Steel Reserve. I was buying groceries at the local Mercado and only had $20 on me. I had just enough change to buy a 24oz can of this. OmG this was some gehtto brew.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I just thought of another one, Steel Reserve. I was buying groceries at the local Mercado and only had $20 on me. I had just enough change to buy a 24oz can of this. OmG this was some gehtto brew.
At my old college they had a Steel Team. To be on it you had to drink 5 Steel Reserves in one night.
:bottle::bottle::bottle:

TYLER

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Jalapeno chilli beer! :barf: Yes, it had the heat and flavor of the Jalapeno pepper. I can't think of a worse beer on a hot summer day. Tasted it a the Portland Brewfest.