What's new

Would like to explore pipes

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I have been considering pipes and was wondering if anyone knows of some beginner / starter kits I could check out? There are no decent tobacco shops near-by that I know of, only cheap cigarette and beer stores and one "wacky tabaccy" shop across from the local university which I prefer not to frequent. Anyway, I will be conducting my purchases online and was looking for a reasonably priced starter kit or website to get the essentials. Thanks!

Last edited:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Geez you had me quakin for a minute there with that title. I thought you were looking into becoming a proctologist!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sales sites, but good sites for info - check out pipes.org and naspc.org also Pipes and Tobaccos magazine for learning about pipes, great pics and tobacco reviews. Also check out tobaccoreviews.com. I am a pipe smoker and collector if you want to PM me with questions.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
funny that you put this up. I ordered and got my first pipe last week. Have nothing to put in it yet. I did get these rubber o-rings with it that I have no idea what they are for. Also, how do you keep ash or leaf from getting sucked up into the pipe when you drag?

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
wow, i also just got my first pipe!
ordered from mars and they sent a free sample.
smells kinda fruity...

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
very nice pipe. What one did you get. Dark flake is a great tobacco.
Just remember to rub the tobacco and break it up a bit before filling. It will light better and burn cooler. Any questions drop me a pm or see me in chat.
I am helping as many ppl on here as I can to get started with the other dark side.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
very nice man. The biggest thing is not to get frustrated. I still have issues with packing the pipe and keeping it lit. Some people can do it right the first time some can't.
use plenty of pipe cleaners and you are set!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
it's a big ben president.
i've never smoked a pipe, so it's gonna be an adventure...lol
here's a piece of useless trivia. big ben pipes were started in holland in the hometown of my wife. in fact, her father and mr. gubbels, who owns the company that manufactures them, were close friends.
it's a small world sometimes.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
here's a piece of useless trivia. big ben pipes were started in holland in the hometown of my wife. in fact, her father and mr. gubbels, who owns the company that manufactures them, were close friends.
it's a small world sometimes.
useless trivia can be usefull!
could be a pipe contest in the future...

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Nice pipe Ron. I started getting into them a little over a year ago, what really helped me was getting a few tobacco samplers from other brothers & lots of reading... sound familiar? lol...

I tend to really like VaPer's (Virginia & Perique) and English Blends (Virginia & Latakia). It's a very enjoyable (not to mention economic) alternative to cigars, particularly in the evening, in the cold months or when you just want a short smoke.

Enjoy!

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Really like pipes. Be sure to check out boswell pipes and [ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=715"]the 'starting pipes'[/ame] thread here. Personally to start I found a decent corncob to be the best since it doesn't require seasoning or rest and is pretty neutral and inexpensive.

Last edited: