What's new

Would They Be Too Old?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
When I was at the shop today, I saw a couple of boxes of room 101 Daruma Gold and Namakubi cigars in the clearance section. They were smaller ring gauges. The DG was a petite corona and the Namakubi was a lancero.

I was wondering if they would be close to aging out at about 6 or 7 years old? I have bought La Aurora coronas that were completely dead after 2 years. So, I am a little cautious about buying old cigars in smaller vitolas.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
When I was at the shop today, I saw a couple of boxes of room 101 Daruma Gold and Namakubi cigars in the clearance section. They were smaller ring gauges. The DG was a petite corona and the Namakubi was a lancero.

I was wondering if they would be close to aging out at about 6 or 7 years old? I have bought La Aurora coronas that were completely dead after 2 years. So, I am a little cautious about buying old cigars in smaller vitolas.

Only one way to find out. Buy a couple of each. If they smoke well, jackpot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Only one way to find out. Buy a couple of each. If they smoke well, jackpot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only problem is they are still $100+ a box. Not exactly a small gamble when I usually only spend about 50 to $60 at a time on cigars. I plan on cleaning out my second Tupperdor just in case.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You don't think the shop would let you open the box so you can do a smell test? That old I would definitely want to have some idea if they are any good. You're depending on the shop to have kept them in good condition all that time. Hope he didn't find them in a misplaced cardboard box somewhere or he picked them up at a yard sale. How reputable is the shop?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You don't think the shop would let you open the box so you can do a smell test? That old I would definitely want to have some idea if they are any good. You're depending on the shop to have kept them in good condition all that time. Hope he didn't find them in a misplaced cardboard box somewhere or he picked them up at a yard sale. How reputable is the shop?
It is a J.R's factory outlet. I'm sure it is old store stock and it is still wrapped in cellophane. I will probably ask before I buy another box.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
@Mikenice81

Years ago a good friend bombed me a box of the Daruma Muntante Gold lanceros and they had a strange note that I didn't like. Smoked one less than a week ago, weird note was gone and it was an excellent cigar. I really enjoyed it. I didn't write the date on the box, but I would guess 6-7 years is a very good guess. PM me your mailing info and I will send you a couple to try.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
@Mikenice81

Years ago a good friend bombed me a box of the Daruma Muntante Gold lanceros and they had a strange note that I didn't like. Smoked one less than a week ago, weird note was gone and it was an excellent cigar. I really enjoyed it. I didn't write the date on the box, but I would guess 6-7 years is a very good guess. PM me your mailing info and I will send you a couple to try.
That is overly generous, but I will take you up on the offer.

Thank you!