What's new

Would you like to see a cigar rolling subforum added for our enjoyment?

Would you like to see a cigar rolling subforum added for our enjoyment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would definitely support seeing a rolling section. After following the Adventures thread, I picked up a kit to try my hand at it. The biggest challenge I now face is the lack of any structured guidance on what to do from prepping the leaf, to bunching techniques, to guides on blends or how much leaf is needed for a 46rg smoke.

Some of this information has been mentioned in in the Adventures thread, but with all the recent activity, I find it very disjointed and hard to find (and would likely be even harder to find should I need to pull somethin up mid roll).

Having a dedicated place to house this information would be really helpful to someone like myself, and could also give a little push some other helpless soul who think they want to give it a shot, but doesn't really know where to start.
The first part of your post should this take off would make a great sticky for anyone who's thinking about taking the leap down the slippery slope of home rolling. Another suggestion too is to have one of you give a list in detail of what you'll need to get started and where to go to purchase necessary tools and leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely support seeing a rolling section. After following the Adventures thread, I picked up a kit to try my hand at it. The biggest challenge I now face is the lack of any structured guidance on what to do from prepping the leaf, to bunching techniques, to guides on blends or how much leaf is needed for a 46rg smoke.

Some of this information has been mentioned in in the Adventures thread, but with all the recent activity, I find it very disjointed and hard to find (and would likely be even harder to find should I need to pull somethin up mid roll).

Having a dedicated place to house this information would be really helpful to someone like myself, and could also give a little push some other helpless soul who think they want to give it a shot, but doesn't really know where to start.
Here is a really good representation on how much leaf to use to attain a certain guage that was posted by a adventures in home rolling member. Its exactly how i was shown by Odelma, the owner of La Faraona cigars in Tampa when i took her class.
Bunching:

Wrapping:

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Here is a really good representation on how much leaf to use to attain a certain guage that was posted by a adventures in home rolling member. Its exactly how i was shown by Odelma, the owner of La Faraona cigars in Tampa when i took her class.
Bunching:

Wrapping:

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
Except he takes all the stems out before he bunches. I don't know anything about cigar rolling but many who do say that the stem provides much flavor.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Except he takes all the stems out before he bunches. I don't know anything about cigar rolling but many who do say that the stem provides much flavor.
I know a guy that rolled at Davidoff and Fuente. He says to always pull the stem to ensure a better burn. Then again, there are videos of people wrapping the leaf around the stem to make bunches. So, I think it is a matter of personal preferences.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I know a guy that rolled at Davidoff and Fuente. He says to always pull the stem to ensure a better burn. Then again, there are videos of people wrapping the leaf around the stem to make bunches. So, I think it is a matter of personal preferences.
I don't know anyone but have heard Saka and Pete talk about this issue and say that the stem has a great amount of flavor. It could be I misunderstood it.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don't know anyone but have heard Saka and Pete talk about this issue and say that the stem has a great amount of flavor. It could be I misunderstood it.
I'm not doubting you. I'm just saying that both may be acceptable depending on the blender's intent.

I know one of the Fuego Sangre De Toro originals that I smoked had stems hanging out of the end. So, to me it seems like the arguments over accordion, book, and entubo bunching. It all depends on what you want to accomplish.

People in the know even debate how long to leave the molds in the press. One blender laid it out as, the press can be used to control the draw and the timing should be changed to suit the need. I think that is how most of the things in rolling really are. They just depend on your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.