What's new

WOW....I am lost for words!!

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
It is cold but sunny, so I grabbed a PUNCH PUNCH from 2004, a latte and though I would light up on the balcony.
I have smoked about one centimeter of the cigar and it is one of the best cigars I have had in my life.....WOW

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have a hard time describing the flavors in English but the cigar is perfectly balanced, dry fruit....raisins, cream.......a hint of honey.....bread and just a hint of pepper

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Kinda curious on this one...is this like a spur of the moment thread...do you still feel it was the single best cigar you have ever had. Not trying to doubt but with all of the posts that I have personally seen on today's smoke and trips with your friends I am kinda shocked that this was your number 1! You have had the opportunity to smoke some amazing, highly revered, limited, and sought after cigars. I have also had opportunity to smoke some punch punch from same period and yes thought they were good...but even with my amateur status would not put into my top 5 for cubans. Not to be a dick but just curious now that you are done...are you still so star struck?

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Kinda curious on this one...is this like a spur of the moment thread...do you still feel it was the single best cigar you have ever had. Not trying to doubt but with all of the posts that I have personally seen on today's smoke and trips with your friends I am kinda shocked that this was your number 1! You have had the opportunity to smoke some amazing, highly revered, limited, and sought after cigars. I have also had opportunity to smoke some punch punch from same period and yes thought they were good...but even with my amateur status would not put into my top 5 for cubans. Not to be a dick but just curious now that you are done...are you still so star struck?
I never said it was the best, but one of the best and I would say top 10 cigars ever for me. This box has been really good and all of them great but this stick just blew me away....when I took it out of the box I just expected a good cigar and was planing to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the weather and a nice smoke.
I guess this is what every BOTL dreams of, just getting the amazing experience with a regular cigar.
I have one more from the same box and will be smoking it tomorrow, I dont imagine it will be that good but once again expecting a great smoke :)

I always feel when the regular production line is rolled good with age they beat pretty much everything else.

Top 3 ccs for me, Cohiba Lancero in cello from 1987, Monte Especial 1987 and Diplomaticos No.1 in cello 1970.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I never said it was the best, but one of the best and I would say top 10 cigars ever for me. This box has been really good and all of them great but this stick just blew me away....when I took it out of the box I just expected a good cigar and was planing to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the weather and a nice smoke.
I guess this is what every BOTL dreams of, just getting the amazing experience with a regular cigar.
I have one more from the same box and will be smoking it tomorrow, I dont imagine it will be that good but once again expecting a great smoke :)

I always feel when the regular production line is rolled good with age they beat pretty much everything else.

Top 3 ccs for me, Cohiba Lancero in cello from 1987, Monte Especial 1987 and Diplomaticos No.1 in cello 1970.
I have had similar experiences with random reg production cigars. I have smoke from probably 30 boxes of 02 Punch black princes and most of that is due one box we had on the shelf a couple of years ago. It was top 25 cigar worthy but the rest have just been mediocre. I will smoke from another 30 boxes in hopes of that same cigar tho.

Posted via Mobile Device

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have had similar experiences with random reg production cigars. I have smoke from probably 30 boxes of 02 Punch black princes and most of that is due one box we had on the shelf a couple of years ago. It was top 25 cigar worthy but the rest have just been mediocre. I will smoke from another 30 boxes in hopes of that same cigar tho.
I feel you brother, one can not stop looking for that amazing cigar.

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Had a box of 898Vs that were only a couple years old that were so good I had to share the last few with some good friends one night. I always look for that box code (being so young and still obtainable)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are good as long as you take care of them. i had one in a humidor that took a crap, it was terrible. glad to hear that yours was good though.

nubchin

cigar dreamin 24h
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost faith on Punch Punch after a box from 2008 but hearing more and more positive experiences like yours , makes me want to try on different years crop .
Agree on reg production gems.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have lost faith on Punch Punch after a box from 2008 but hearing more and more positive experiences like yours , makes me want to try on different years crop .
Agree on reg production gems.

I have to try a couple of boxes from 2009-2011