What's new

WOW New HK 417

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing looks like alot of fun to shoot!

I always enjoyed shooting the M-16, and considered buying an AR-15 after I got out of the Air Force, but they went and passed that stupid assault rifle ban and all of a sudden it went from $400 bucks to over $1,000 bucks.

What is that pistol looking attachment under the barrel?

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
what exactly do you do with a gun like that, hunt , target practice, show it to friends.... seems way over the top to me
Well, that particular rifle is for law enforcement and military use only. But the popular AR-15 platform, which is similar, is used for all of the reasons you mentioned. Most (but not all) AR-15s fire a smaller round, a .223.

Semi-auto rifles are fun to shoot and are great home defense weapons as well.

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well, that particular rifle is for law enforcement and military use only. But the popular AR-15 platform, which is similar, is used for all of the reasons you mentioned. Most (but not all) AR-15s fire a smaller round, a .223.

Semi-auto rifles are fun to shoot and are great home defense weapons as well.
oh, i thought that was to much gun for a civilian to use, thanks for clearing that up..

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nice-looking rifle! Damn, that would be fun to shoot!

Is the 7.62 in widespread use by NATO? I thought that almost all ammo used by our forces was 5.56.

The 416 is the same rifle, and chambered in 5.56mmNATO...And the Army just recently turned it down as a replacement for the M16/M4 :hammersma :hammersma

drew

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
That thing looks like alot of fun to shoot!

I always enjoyed shooting the M-16, and considered buying an AR-15 after I got out of the Air Force, but they went and passed that stupid assault rifle ban and all of a sudden it went from $400 bucks to over $1,000 bucks.

What is that pistol looking attachment under the barrel?
I think that pistol looking attachment is actually a grenade launcher.

Rating - 100%
15   0   1
It is a 40 mic mic or 40 mm grenade launcher..

Yes, I once did overseas consulting work. We got to carry toys like these. I was there (At Blackwater) teaching a CT (Counter Terrorism) class for a PSD (Personal Security Deployment) team that is taking some business executives to the heart of Iraq.

Rating - 100%
15   0   1
The amazing thing about the weapon is that it doesnt kick harder than an Mp5. I was truly amazed at the recoil and on target percentage in fully automatic operation.