What's new

Wow, not what I expected. Neighbor shoots neighbor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little back ground, I'm building as in I'm the gerneral contractor and doing some of the labor on my retirement house in central Texas. Today as I was leaving there were several police cars two houses down nd a dead guy in the middle of the front yard. I got a call from one of my contractors that knows people in my neighborhood (small town) an he told me that my next door neighbor(good guy) and the guy on the other side(not so good) got in to an argument and that now one is dead and the other is in police custody. What I though was a quiet little area with old to really old people turns out to be a battleground. Both of the people in question are in their 70s, so just old. I'll go to the site tomorrow and put in another days work, hoping that the guy that got shot wasn't my immeadiate neighbor. Just a little freaked out tonight.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A little back ground, I'm building as in I'm the gerneral contractor and doing some of the labor on my retirement house in central Texas. Today as I was leaving there were several police cars two houses down nd a dead guy in the middle of the front yard. I got a call from one of my contractors that knows people in my neighborhood (small town) an he told me that my next door neighbor(good guy) and the guy on the other side(not so good) got in to an argument and that now one is dead and the other is in police custody. What I though was a quiet little area with old to really old people turns out to be a battleground. Both of the people in question are in their 70s, so just old. I'll go to the site tomorrow and put in another days work, hoping that the guy that got shot wasn't my immeadiate neighbor. Just a little freaked out tonight.
Yikes....certainly this is more than disturbing as we live in times where stuff like this is too common. 2 things that come to mind is that the circumstances do not shock me as we live in a devalued Society where life is just not honored....people are so agitated because of politics....watching cities burn,,,, being looted and being ostracized because of their opinions and attacked in the streets because of a hat their wearing....violence has become normal and it's out of control as to peoples mindset....hate is now the common denominator in Society. It doesn't take much to get peoples anger into the "red zone" and when mixed with FOG's who already have an axe to grind with Society at large can this kind of thing happen a lot more these days? We're already stressed as a whole with Covid...being forced to stay in place and missing Holidays...
shutting down our own business....losing our livelihoods, our houses, way of life as well as losing friends because of this pandemic. Sad to say this is not random behavior as it's going to get worse as people feel justified in bizarre behaviors....unhappiness and violence are intertwined and we're gonna see more of this I'm afraid.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hopefully you identified the situation as a localized grudge between two neighbors, both in their 70's. It happens. If it had been drugs or racial you'd have a long term problem with the area.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
had not even thought of drugs or racial.
potentially a problem in that town ?

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Yikes....certainly this is more than disturbing as we live in times where stuff like this is too common. 2 things that come to mind is that the circumstances do not shock me as we live in a devalued Society where life is just not honored....people are so agitated because of politics....watching cities burn,,,, being looted and being ostracized because of their opinions and attacked in the streets because of a hat their wearing....violence has become normal and it's out of control as to peoples mindset....hate is now the common denominator in Society. It doesn't take much to get peoples anger into the "red zone" and when mixed with FOG's who already have an axe to grind with Society at large can this kind of thing happen a lot more these days? We're already stressed as a whole with Covid...being forced to stay in place and missing Holidays...
shutting down our own business....losing our livelihoods, our houses, way of life as well as losing friends because of this pandemic. Sad to say this is not random behavior as it's going to get worse as people feel justified in bizarre behaviors....unhappiness and violence are intertwined and we're gonna see more of this I'm afraid.
While I don't disagree, it's not like this is a new behavior. People have always killed people.... The crusades, the wild west, gangland chicago..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's amazing how pervasive the "bad ass" culture has become. In your case a couple of old guys with hot heads and a weapon too readily grabbed in anger.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out the retired customs agent shot the retired police officer after the retired police officer complained out the retied customs officers driving. No arrest yet, but it will be going to a grand jury.